Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What will you enjoy most once we finally come out of lockdown

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As a Brightonian I'd never heard of it. So I had a nose on tripadvisor, the food looks stunning, great reviews too.

I may have to pop over to Worthing.

can’t recommend it highly enough.

They are very attentive and seem really decent people and the food of course is exceptional..... 😃

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The freedom to be able to choose what I want to do and with who.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Internationally - skiing, holidays in general.

At home - trips to the cinema (I didn’t realise how much I liked it) and football at The Amex.

Exactly those three things for me too.

A decent holiday is long overdue. Getting married in Japan is on the agenda, really can't wait.
Really miss the cinema, Komedia in particular.
And who hasn't missed football at the amex? I've sorted my season ticket for next season, first time since the early 90's that I've had one, so excited!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
In Sweden our "roadmap out of restrictions" just got pushed to June 1 and feck knows if its going to happen then either.

Personally I've already returned to normal life a few months ago, with the exception that pubs are closing at 20.00 and you cant be more than four on each table - but all its really done is to make the afterpartys start earlier.

Oh and I also dont need... I mean, get to see my relatives.

Other than that life is normal by my definitions.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly those three things for me too.

A decent holiday is long overdue. Getting married in Japan is on the agenda, really can't wait.
Really miss the cinema, Komedia in particular.
And who hasn't missed football at the amex? I've sorted my season ticket for next season, first time since the early 90's that I've had one, so excited!

The enforced break from The Amex, reinvigorated my going to games mojo.

Leading up to Lockdown 1, a dearth of home wins culminating in CP beating us (March 20), was making the trips a bit of a predictable downer for me.

But I’m now excited about the return this August.

Last edited:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Sitting at a bar chatting to staff, regulars and strangers in my village pub without being surrounded by people eating scampi and chips.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Travelling, both in the UK and Europe.

Having friends round

Proper beer in a proper pub (no food, no kids)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Simple really. It’s been a long time, and hopefully soon to be over.

I had my head of department on Teams two days ago berating me for not adjusting my timetable to accomodate the social distancing for students. I hadn't realised but the university has already decided that all lectures will be online right through till May 2022. Therefore to justify making the students all come to London and live in halls, we need to add small group teaching (which is allowed) to our timetables.

I assumed we would be out of lockdown by Jan 2022 and hadn't bothered. I have now made my lab practicals socially distanced (which means that, like this year, they won't run because the student has to be in close proximitty to the deminstrator or they won't be able to do anything). My HoD said 'don't worry you can change that later - all we need now is to show that there will be some on campus activity'.

So to compensate for 30 hours of on campus lectures that are now online, I have invented 2 hours of imaginary on campus bullshit (some sort of student led role playing discussions about the topic I teach). That will mean they can't sue for receiving no on campus teaching (the main imperative of my university 'leadership', which includes HMG - who knew?).

So I don't know what I will be enjoying. I won't be 'back to normal' till October 2022 at the earliest by the look of it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Travel abroad
Sitting in a pub/restaurant with zero restrictions.
Gigs
Theatre
Football and cricket
The symphony
Cinema
Not having to listen to Boris Johnson and his cronies giving me ill thought out and non-sensical instructions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here