Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will Upson bring to the team?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We are slowly building an England rejects and Spanish Masters.......

Would you have belived anyone five years ago if they would have predicted that !

Not bloody me....

Hail Gus & Tony

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
People are saying to me " As long as Greer is fit, Gus won't drop him as he's captain ". What a load of bollocks. He's just like any other player out on the pitch and IMO should be dropped. I know he might not be fit to play our next couple of games but he shouldn't automatically be in the squad just because he's the captain. I hope Gus will stick with El-Abd and Upson.

What you are saying is historically accurate.

In Albion's case, at least two captains have been dropped from the side in the final (and successful) push for promotion, John Napier in 1972 and Doug Rougvie in 1988.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
What will Upson bring to the team?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of confused Will Young fans

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Everything we need except pace.

and if pace was that important the likes of Terry and Carragher wouldnt have had a career. aerial ability and bags of experience at top level, and serious competition for CB place.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Upsy Matty here I come,
I'm the only Upsy One,
I'm the only Matty too,
Ipsy Upsy Matty do!

(With apologies to viewers of 'In The Night Garden')

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Our good defensive record this season will get better

How good would that be?! Here's to you being bang-on with that assertion (& our big, baaad, Argie smashing in goals for fun at t'other end). :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Experience at the top level. Even if he doesn't play much (although I think he will) his influence on the training ground should be worth his weight in gold.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
What qualities do you think he bring to the team?
Good in the air if i remember right!?

Nothing like the quality Dobbie is going to add to palarse,put him alongside murray and they will be back in 2nd place very shortly,what the f*** have you done Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here