Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What will the 'secret activity' be tomorrow?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apparently not - some of the players have mentioned it

We have a lot of video meetings in the mornings regarding how he wants us to play.

“There’s been a lot of time spent in the media room, and it’s good that we’ve been able to put those meetings into practice.”

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1309970/unfinished-business-for-burn

Edit to add that Graham Potter told the Fans Forum that the ballet at Ostersunds wasn't his idea but the clubs.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Luzzing wet sponges at Solly for losing the ball?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Loads of Pinyatas with Hahas head on, hanging from the indoor training arena.
Or Shane Duffy and Lewis Dunk in tutus :wozza:
Off you go lads..........

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We have a lot of video meetings in the mornings regarding how he wants us to play.

“There’s been a lot of time spent in the media room, and it’s good that we’ve been able to put those meetings into practice.”

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1309970/unfinished-business-for-burn

Edit to add that Graham Potter told the Fans Forum that the ballet at Ostersunds wasn't his idea but the clubs.

You suggested the Daily Mail made it up, so I said that's not the case as the players have mentioned it, and you posted an irrelevant interview with Dan Burn.

Indoor activities, Dan Burn's interview specifically quoted time in the media room in the mornings, to view videos. I thought it was relevant, and certainly not re-enacting Shakespeare.

:shrug:

smartferndale

Mar 21, 2013
ballet

Don't knock the ballet idea. Fantastic for developing balance and spring. Not so good if you are the one who has to catch the flying Duffy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
complete nonsense. All playing staff were at the Amex for the annual team photo and were then taking part in on field training. Saw it with my own eyes.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
GP has said those specific things weren't his idea, but I think he and his old Chairman had some similar ideas. From hearing him talk about these things I got the impression that the idea of getting out of your comfort zone is something GP did already believe in from his interest in psychology.

I would say, even though I'm skeptical that we will see ballet, rap concerts or animal husbandry, the logic behind doing things like that is sound, and quite brilliant.

Do what scares you. Do what makes you feel like you will look like a fool. Feel embarassed. Feel self-conscious. Let your team mates, and everyone else see you vulnerable and in ways you would really rather they didn't. Then - discover that it's not so bad. That the fear was far more significant than the thing you were afraid of.

Do that and you will find yourself braver. You will be prepared to take a risk, to make a mistake - and go again without letting it affect you. If you've seen me try to "rap" I'm not fearful about trying that risky but potentially rewarding pass. If it doesn't work I'll get over it, I can take the heat or embarassment. I can go with my instincts. I can express myself. I don't have to be afraid.

It's an incredibly sophisticated understanding of human psychology. As GP has said before, footballers are people first. Understanding football is required to get the best out of players. But so is understanding people.

The man's a genius IMO.

"In sterquiliniis invenitur" (In filth it will be found) - Carl Jung.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The "ballet" thing, the solidarity charity thing, book writing and whatnot Östersund did at the end of the seasons was indeed the idea of someone else. Some woman asked Östersund chairman/criminal/visionary Daniel Kindberg if they wanted to get involved and Kindberg spoke to Potter about it, and he immediatly saw value in it.

Thing is, while getting out of your comfort zone is always going to be something Potter push, it looks different in different clubs, based on what you need. In Östersund they had a team full of players who've never been in the spotlight and desperately needed to adapt to the fact that they were going upwards and had to deal with more and more attention. As a footballer, singing in front of thousands of people make it a walk in the park to have people watch you playing football.

In Swansea, the situation was different. While many of the players were young and unproven they had all been a part of a Premiership club and was taught how to deal with this kind of attention. Playing day out and day in an excellent academy with perfect a perfect pitch, perfect facilities required a different kind of "discomfort", like every now and then training on the beach or at less than optimal pitches.

Certainly Brighton is something of a new experience to him because the core is so much older than the one he worked with in ÖFK and Swansea. They will probably do a lot of out-of-comfort things adapted to who they are and what they need, but we might never hear about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here