[Albion] What will the gap between Albion and Villa be at the end of the season?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will the gap between Albion and Villa be at the end of the season?

• Albion ahead by 21+ points

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Albion ahead by 16-20 points

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Albion ahead by 11-15 points

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Albion ahead by 6-10 points

Votes: 57 45.6%
  • Albion ahead by 1-5 points

Votes: 35 28.0%
  • Levels you devils

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Villa ahead by 1-5 points

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Villa ahead by 6-10 points

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Villa ahead by 11+ points

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Same. Not so sure about the Calderwood impact, but reckon it was far more down to the Albion's now-traditional post-International Break sluggishness and Villa's new manager bounce, rather than them being intrinsically any more of a threat than, say, Norwich. Once we shake off the cobwebs, we'll be hopefully right back on track until the next International Break which thankfully isn't til March.

Agree. There was also the fact that AK was clearly still in bits and his performance was affected. When you take it all into consideration, the fact that we played pretty terribly but came away with a point is a pretty positive one. With all these factors we could easily have lost.

el punal

I honestly think we had an off day as a result of the International Break and the Calderwood business. I hope the gap will remain similar.

I reckon the same. Although we were battered in the last twenty minutes we still didn't concede, despite us producing a bit of a lacklustre display. On the Villa fans forum and the Birmingham Mail the concensus was that that was Villa's best performance of the season. The objective fans think that automatic promotion is a step too far (13 points behind us) but the play-offs are a distinct possibility. I suppose we should be thankful Steve Bruce wasn't with them at the start of the season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Agree with you about the play-offs, but not about Norwich-Villa: a draw would be the best result, in my view.

I'd rather have Norwich out of the equation but every week Alex Neil remains at the helm their threat diminishes.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Some interesting assumptions here.

Villa to strengthen in January for example. Given how far off the pace they are a few premiership clubs might come looking for some of their key players, notably the left back who kept Knockaert quiet. Money for replacements is one thing, settling them in and getting consistency is quite another.

From a distance the last couple of away fixtures look tough, take a look at where we have already been and we have got a lot of tricky ones out of the way early.

BHA by 8 points

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'd rather have Norwich out of the equation but every week Alex Neil remains at the helm their threat diminishes.

The natives are restless.....coming up....Derby ( a ).....Brentford ( h ).....Barnsley ( a ).....Villa ( h )......Huddrsfld ( h )....Reading ( a )......Brentford ( a ).....Derby ( h )......up to 2nd Jan. Reckon he could lose another four of those. Think his days are numbered.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Interesting context to this thread is that, on the basis of the most recent accounts available (2014/15), Villa's wage bill is 4X ours. This will have closed slightly, I suspect, but still a huge disparity.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports