[Albion] What will become of Alzate ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We have an option for a year. New loan and try to sell him is my thinking

Dec 29, 2011
Probably not quite good enough for us. Unfortunately. Seemed amazing against Chelsea last year, and I really thought he'd make it. But realistically he's getting on a bit (for us) and hasn't played enough at the top flight

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
At 25 now, he's beyond the developmental period where he could be a top half Premier League player, with us.

We won't see him in the B&W stripes again.

He has a lot of quality, and I personally thought he was good enough when he was playing - but I'm clearly wrong about that.

The question really should be - what kind of fee should we hope to get? 7 figures is certain - but a championship/continental club could bag themselves a real bargain. He would be a great signing for many.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looks like he is staying at Standard until the summer now.

No sign of an option for another year on there.

https://sportwitness.co.uk/brighton...decision-january-deal-now-off-club-delighted/

Yes, I'll bet Standard Liege are delighted! If Alzate's a free agent in the summer (as it appears) it's not the end of the world for him either - he'll get a decent gig somewhere. Not that good for us though, I would think. That cocked up loan deal was a game changer, IMHO.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
At 25 now, he's beyond the developmental period where he could be a top half Premier League player, with us.

We won't see him in the B&W stripes again.

He has a lot of quality, and I personally thought he was good enough when he was playing - but I'm clearly wrong about that.

The question really should be - what kind of fee should we hope to get? 7 figures is certain - but a championship/continental club could bag themselves a real bargain. He would be a great signing for many.
7 figures? Starting with a '0' and followed by six more '0's if his contract ends in June!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Confirmed that he's leaving in the summer:

What does Brighton mean to your life?

"I have been at Brighton for almost seven years. I am very grateful to the team, to the club, but like everything, it comes to an end. I have already been on loan for a year and a half, I don't have much left in my contract, so the most likely thing is "Let him sign for another club. That's for the moment, then we'll see what happens."

Good luck Steve. Thanks for the contribution to get us where we are today.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
He’s another victim of the club getting to good to soon as a few of the fringe players have said.
yep this is how I see it. He was decent when he first appeared but then up popped, bissouma, moises, alexis, mitoma, adingra, encisco and to a certain extent an uptick in march. Because of these players and also no incredible progression from alaxte himself he is a victim of the club moving faster than he is capable of doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports