Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were your house names at school?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
We had Romans ,Britons,Saxons and Danes.
And then unbelievably Hacks,Trustrums, Moggereridges, Nichols. In senior school.
Ah ha. Varndean Grammar School for Boys.

And I raise you, Ash, Beech, Elm and Oak at Junior School.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
(rotten) Romans - blue
(tragic) Trojans - green
(grotty) Greeks - yellow
(spazzy*) Spartans - red

I was a Spartan.

(* I'm not condoning this, merely recounting how the non-Spartans referred to the Spartans)

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Same, was in Pevensey yellow like my older brother. Saying that although I was in K5, for sports day and inter house tournaments I'm sure they were basque, Brittany and two others ???

Lewes - Blue over here. I was a house captain and everything, not sure how as I was a right little shit.

When I went up to Kings Manor it was simply K1/M1-K5/M5, so any Basque/Brittany names were (long) gone. However by the time I finished sixth form there the school was called Shoreham Academy and there were 3 houses Kipling, Wells and Doyle.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Didn't have houses but each class had a letter of our town name: H W Y C O M B E

We were all 'streamed'. The brainiest was in class 2H - the 'thickest' was in 2E

The number denoted which year you were in.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Leconfield, Hampden, School, Ryle, Durnford, Chichester, Aldrich, Fenwick (Girls)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Holland (red)
Cuthman (green)
Chancton (yellow)
Can't remember the last one, might have been Bramber.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Roman's, Dane's, Saxon's and Norman's at Lower Bevendean middle, nothing at Fawcett as i remember..

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Lewes - Blue over here. I was a house captain and everything, not sure how as I was a right little shit.

When I went up to Kings Manor it was simply K1/M1-K5/M5, so any Basque/Brittany names were (long) gone. However by the time I finished sixth form there the school was called Shoreham Academy and there were 3 houses Kipling, Wells and Doyle.

Two of my mates were Lewes captains and would go round collecting each classes merit numbers and then doctor the points so they would always win, knobs.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
We had Romans ,Britons,Saxons and Danes.
And then unbelievably Hacks,Trustrums, Moggereridges, Nichols. In senior school.
Was the first list from Hertford Rd school...second thoughts we had Normans,Saxons,Danes,Britons. They had an air raid shelter under the playground...still there though boarded up. Each house had a colour,Normans Green,Saxons yellow,Danes Red,Britons blue. In the hall there was an movable image of the tribes climbing a ladder,when each house earned a merit the warrior would climb one rung...forget what the prize was for getting to the top for the winning house....well it was 69 years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here