Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What we learned today is.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Baldock and CMS playing together forces the oppponents back four back as neither could be left to roam. On their own they do not create the same problems. On Tuesday SH subbed CMS and this allowed Ipswich back four to move up 15 -20 yds, to day Blackpool had all the time in the world until Paddy came on.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
For me CMS and Baldock and very similar players but Baldock has a better first touch and is a bit cuter with his movement.

And never shoots, carry on.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Today we learnt what we already knew. That if you sell an excellent player, you need to spend a bit of cash to replace him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We learned that Baldock isn't 1/10 th the player that Leo is.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think the original post is spot on.To many average players who offer about the same.I suppose its what you get when you Sell your best players for good money and hope a load of free agents/youth teamers/and Cheap players can do the business is a big gamble.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I wonder of a club could get away with selling a player [on paper] but sending a different player who looks like the one they sold. If so, what happened to the original player? Did he stay with the first club, have a makeover and adopt a different name? There you go. An idea for a play/book/film for all you budding writers out there!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
We learned that Baldock isn't 1/10 th the player that Leo is.

You are comparing two very different footballing creatures agreed both with the same intention to put the ball in the back of the net; but how they go about that will be completely different. I think Sami is selling him short isolating a small forward and asking to track back and defend. The guy clearly wants to impress but i think that's his downfall at the moment. Looks an intelligent and technical forward the team and formation isn't getting the best out of him and others.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Never sussed out why people put that at the end of a post? Is it an order? a request or what?

It's a polite request that you've ignored :p

Or rather it's just a take on essay question format at school. So what do you think? Are we rotating an average and similar squad with no superstar?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
So what do you think? Are we rotating an average and similar squad with no superstar?

Got a decent enough squad just playing the wrong tactics, Sami has got 2 choices either stick to his guns and struggle or bite the bullet and adjust things to suit our squad.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I just don't get the tactics and formation were playing how can it be better to have our full backs higher up instead of playing wingers . The FBs are only going to cross the ball, not take a defender on or shoot or get in the box

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
What we learned today is that bipolar disorder is epidemic in Sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here