What watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Buy something ceramic, unlike other watches at that price point it will not scratch, which means 3 years down the line it still looks like new.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Buy something ceramic, unlike other watches at that price point it will not scratch, which means 3 years down the line it still looks like new.

The thing to remember with ceramic watches though, is that if you do drop them they shatter into about 6 million pieces. I bought a Storm Hero around 5 years ago and it had a pretty terrible clasp. It came undone when I clapped. The watch flew off my wrist, hit the floor and boom! Links broken, housing destroyed. Full refund please Mr. Storm.

(Which I might add, I will never buy again - terrible service)

Come to think of it, I probably shouldn't own watches...

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
The glass is broken on one because I dropped it on a hard floor... twice. So that was totally my fault.

The other, I broke the buckle on the leather strap. That was actually quite annoying even after a year's worth of use.

You do know that the glass and straps are replaceable

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
OK, so I have a budget of £1200. I wouldn't normally spend this much but i was left some money by my grandmother when she passed away a couple of years ago and thought this would be a good way of spending/investing it. More than happy to have a second hand watch if it can be easily proved it's genuine. All help greatly appreciated. Could push it to £1500 for something i really loved.

I'd prefer something that i can wear both casually and that's relatively smart.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Citizen do some great Eco drive watches starting at £100 or less.

image.jpg

Yep. I stretched to £150 for one of these as my day to day watch. Not big for a Dive Watch & v robust. Changed the strap mind you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports