Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your personal highlight from sunday?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Spanish Daves free kick. Those few seconds when you don't know if it's going to go in but it looks close. And then it thuds against the underside of the bar and you still don't know if it's going in, then it hits the line and you still don't know if it's going in. You're in half jump mode , hanging in anticipation then the ball rips up into the top of the net and you KNOW it's in. Then everyone around you is going absolutely crazy - it's bedlam everywhere apart from behind the goal.

Yeah - that's my favourite moment. Who needs drugs ? - legal high.

Absolutely how I saw it too. It was as if the world was in slow-motion.

Oct 2, 2011
Finally getting home after yesterday's game! You deserved and your win yesterday and you will find that most right minded Palace fans would say the same thing. Makes the rest of the season very interesting, and it wouldn't surprise me if we met in the play off's.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
The seagull that once again came swooping over the north majestically soared past the west just as Lopez stepped up to take the free kick then came a chorus of" shit on shit on shit on the *******s below below " as it finally circled over the Palace fans at the exact same moment the ball from Lopez's shot crashed into the net an unbelievable moment Of timing , it was as if an Albion fan has come back in a second life as a seagull and was watching over of us ( spine tingling moment )
Also made me laugh at half time a little lad who sits a few seats along from us told me he missed the goal coz he was watching the seagull at the time :)

This for me, too. Surreal.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Hmmm...

My son's excitement for the whole day?
Lua Lua's exceptional performance and that tackle?
Wayne Bridge...nuff said...?
Bridcutt giving Zaha some treatment then verbals...?
The 3rd Goal...GOS surely?

Nah, it was when, lying in bed on the iPad reading NSC after a rowdy pub visit, my girlfriend unexpectedly walked in and said 'put that iPad down'...wearing her pink BHAFC home kit top and not much else; now that's a perfect Sunday :)

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Starting the chant "you don't know where you're going" when Zaha was running around in a circle cos he couldn't get past Calde or Bridders.

Calde was great, the little chip over the defender as he flew down the wing at the end, then punching the air after the game. Superstar!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
everything, nearly a perfect day

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Spanish Daves free kick. Those few seconds when you don't know if it's going to go in but it looks close. And then it thuds against the underside of the bar and you still don't know if it's going in, then it hits the line and you still don't know if it's going in. You're in half jump mode , hanging in anticipation then the ball rips up into the top of the net and you KNOW it's in. Then everyone around you is going absolutely crazy - it's bedlam everywhere apart from behind the goal.

Yeah - that's my favourite moment. Who needs drugs ? - legal high.

Absolutely this. Two things give me that sort of high, one is football and the other is playing in an orchestra.

In regards to the free-kick, my chain of events from WSU was:

Great, it's over the wall.
Ooh, looks like it could be close.
****, it's gonna hit the bar.
It's gonna go in!
YES, IT BOUNCED OVER THE LINE
Shite, will the officials see it?
YEEESSSSSSSS IT'S BULGED THE TOP OF THE NET, THERE'S NO WAY THEY CAN MISS THAT NOW
GOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DE SPANISH DAAAAAAAAVE

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Nice touch walking out of the gate at Falmer from the Lewes trains, someone had tied a picture of Alan Mullery to the fence.
Very fitting whover thought to do this.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The game itself would top my list for sure but coming close would be chanting at the scum from the station and in a spontanious outpouring of emotion I hugged a steward on the way out! :albion2:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
The game itself would top my list for sure but coming close would be chanting at the scum from the station and in a spontanious outpouring of emotion I hugged a steward on the way out! :albion2:

:ban:

:jester:

Feb 14, 2010
My 19 son coming back from University for the game and him seeing us beat Palace for the first time.

I used to take him to Gillingham to see us lose to the likes of cambridge and Barnet. he had a ST at Withdean and sat in the rain, and up till yesterday his experiences of Palace had been 0-0 and 2-3 at home, and 1-1 and this season's 0-3 debacle way.

I didn't take him to the McShane game, something he still hasn't forgiven me for.

I can't pick out one highlight, the whole day was simply superb, and one that will ling long in the memory.

I enoyed reading this. Its kids like your son that I have the utmost respect for. When I started watching the Albion in the late 70's/early 80's Brighton had big crowds, then top flight football and a cup final. OK shortly after we had 25 years of decline and "the troubles" but at least I could remember the proper Albion. I also had Albion handed down the generations like your son, but for him, Withdean and Gillingham was his start. As such, its complete respect to him, has done the hard yards, and I hope he is enjoying seeing the real Albion.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Spanish Dave's free kick - especially as I love a good in-off-the-bar belter.

Kuszczak celebrating the third right in front of the heaving mass off pissed off pikeys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here