Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your most memorable Ashley Barnes moment?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Arsenal in the cup last season, storming goal and superb assist for Ulloa.

D&R at home, sealed promotion in 4-3 spectacular game.

Penalty at Selhurst, to stop the Nigels doing the double over us for the first time in 60 years.

All of these plus two great goals away at Cardiff in the 3-1 victory.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Didn't he score a wonder goals from 35 yards at withdean against Leeds on his debut?
This for me

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
the day we lost to scum in po semi turning round to other players screaming get your f ucking heads up we can still win this after the 1st zaha goal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It could have been the shot that Speroni tipped onto the bar, if it had gone in :down:

NutterDave

Jan 19, 2012
that time where he received a ball with his back to goal with a defender tight behind him and he fell over.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
His first game back after tripgate (6-1 vs Blackpool) was one of the most complete performances I've seen from a Brighton player in recent years

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
The headed goal against D&R that secured promotion at Withers. Great scenes.

The RIDICULOUS moment at the Amex, ironically against Burnley, when we got reduced to 9 men in the 11th minute, because Barnes got a straight red for getting taken out two-footed. Not so great.

Eh? Barnes went in terribly in that tackle, it's up on YouTube somewhere.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
When he signed for Burnley.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
His first game back after tripgate (6-1 vs Blackpool) was one of the most complete performances I've seen from a Brighton player in recent years

Agreed. This is my memory, along with his goal v Arsenal.

The "7-0 to the Albion" game - brilliant stuff, the Youngest Pottings still remember that day (after all it is not yet a year ago) as does their cousin as it was his first ever proper game.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Not so much a performance, but there was a game I think last season, possibly the one before, but definitely at the Amex where some guy in the crowd was moaning about Barnes being on the pitch, that he was useless and not going to score in a million years. Then he scored and the moaner said something along the lines of "great. He's got his goal, now get him off". Then when he stayed on the pitch, "why is he still on the pitch? he never scores twice", followed by a second Barnes goal.

I was there for the Ipswich game, too (Bannergate.) These young thickies behind me were giving Barnes grief from the first minute onwards. Even a man as mild-mannered as myself couldn't help but turn around and gloat at them as Ashley notched a cracking double.

That, and the Arsenal game for me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Eh? Barnes went in terribly in that tackle, it's up on YouTube somewhere.

Wrong. McCann tried to cut him in two, and Barnes tried to jump the tackle, and landed on him.

It was definitely worthy of a straight red. Just not to Barnes.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's fresh in the mind, but being pretty much in line with his strike at Bournemouth was very special. Wonderful goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here