Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] What was your frivolous highlight of the season?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"owerr quallity" :lol:

We need a separate thread for De Zerbi bingo
This thread would suggest another entitled 'De Zerbi Bingo' will have half the contributors writing "Yahtzee".

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Solly sprinting for that touchline ball at Bournemouth. He knew he would end up in the crowd but did it anyway!

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
The 'Adam Lallana, he left cos youre shìt' chants at Anfield as Lallana warmed up in front of the Brighton crown and him smirking and giving the hands down 'don't do this guys' gesture. It may have been a draw but really felt like the beginning of something.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s frivolous as it’s an NSC one but the thread by whoever it was on here talking about watching the Albion in Kyiv and the locals joining in was quite something

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If you want actual frivolous, doing the light show pre-match against Man Utd(?) before it had even gone dark was quite amusing

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
It has to be away at West Ham and Tracksuit Boy for me. So glad we were there to witness it and I'd love to shake the hands of the Brighton fans who orchestrated the singing. Absolutely brilliant.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Vulvas. Foxy people, foxy talk. I don't like Atalanta. Nothing beats the DeZerbi press conference.

Frivolous in my mind deadly serious in RDZ's, which makes it much funnier.
Vulvas, I'd forgotten that. He said it several times and I've no idea how the interviewer kept a straight face.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Anyone mention the moment Klopp pulled his hamstring because he was berating the ref? That made me smile.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Our Lewis really being Chelsea's top scorer in the whole month of April (and not that bloke who runs about like an excited Labrador pup - that 'shot' could have gone anywhere.).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Tony's grinning coupon when he presented RDZ to the media for the first time.

He knew...

:bloom:

Jimmy Grimble

Liverpool at home in the FA Cup. Dunk scored what was effectively a deflection from Lamptey’s long range effort, both run off celebrating as if they’re the goal scorer with a synchronised knee slide.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Tracksuit a highlight for me too.

"Shall we sell a song to you" at the silent Chelsea fans.

The bloke in WSU whose weak bladder meant he missed a handful of goals earlier in the season being strongly encouraged by all around him to go to the loo about 85 mins into the Man Utd game just so we'd score.

Honorable mention just because of all the things that made me incredulous that game, but the fan at Spurs who put his pint down on the floor between the (very busy) urinals is still somehow an abiding memory.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Enciso's outrageous multi-stepover v Wolves :lolol:

View attachment 161683

I can remember CKR doing a similar amount of unneeded step-overs away to Millwall a few years ago. Unsurprisingly their fans were spitting feathers until their full-back sent him in to orbit.

Now that shows the progress we’ve made

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here