Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What was your first away game?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.jpgBrighton Vrs Walsall at Craven Cottage FA replay neutral ground I think.

Last edited:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Aldershot away. On the coach with a packed lunch. 1-1 draw over Easter. Ward scored for us.

Vivid memory of one lone copper going into their end, which we had taken, and then his helmet being thrown around like a beachball for the rest of the game. Pitch invasion at end. Both crossbars got broken.

All a lot to take in for a young 'un!
ask highway about the cross bar

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Aldershot sometime in the 70s. It was the game when the crossbar was broken after the final whistle.

Don’t remember seeing an Aldershot fan all day!
7000 brighton fans out I think 11,000 first coach I ran £1 a head on a Crawley Dales coach got to Aldershot early went to a pub called the Trafalgar bought the soldiers a couple of pints showed some respect other Brighton fans didn't a few black eyes.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We played several times at Aldershot in the 70s always interesting. I think Peter O,Sullivan missed a penalty in one game the Aldershot player stuck a lump of mud behind the ball.i think we had two way games that weekend and I went to both on crutches the other was Millwall.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
No, we won - 1-0, and I remember it specifically because my Dad sat us in the main stand, pressed on my shoulder to stop me jumping up when we scored and half the bloody ground started jumping around!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here