Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] What was your favourite toy, as a child.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Striker and Rebound probably got used to the point of destruction.

Indeed, one player's head DID snap off in Striker due to over zealous thwacking of the ball at a direct free kick.

Poor old 'Thunderbolt Boots', as he was affectionately known.

s-l640.jpg

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
I had an Evil Knieval doll that sat on a wind up bike. The bike was put on a big orange stand and wound up before it shot off on ramps we'd built

There was also a thing called Stock Car Smash-up where you had VW Beetles with bits that got clipped on, you then pulled a lead through the middle which propelled the cars in to each other. The car with last bit on won

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Subbuteo, Scalextric Airfix Models, those mini pack of soldiers painted loads of those. Also dad made a "tank" of a cotton reel, bit of candle, elastic band and matchstick !

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Britains Farm.

I used to have a massive collection and could build a farm as big as my living room.

I used to remember my mum taking me to London Road CO-OP to buy some new stuff every now and again. The toy department was on the 1st Floor and they had all the animals out on shelves in rows.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I had a fascination with indians, must have been all those black & white cowboy films on Saturday mornings during the early mid 70's before Swap shop and Tiswaz came along..

Attachments

• 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 60
  • f939be2461889e9137699ad2588b1ece.jpg
    f939be2461889e9137699ad2588b1ece.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 65

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I used to have Loan Ranger with Tonto, several action men inc Six Million Dollarman and an array of Little Big Men all scrapping it out in a Royal Rumble sort of way before Royal Rumble was even a thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Was he a shark?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bigtrak.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I had a fascination with indians, must have been all those black & white cowboy films on Saturday mornings during the early mid 70's before Swap shop and Tiswaz came along..

I hope they caught the bounders who stole most of your Christmas tree branches , nothing is sacred .

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
As a kid in the mid to late fifties my granddad bought me a meccano set. Looking back, I think this gave me more life skills than any other present I received. Other than that, a plastic machine gun that ran on a clockwork sort of mechanism- my mate’s had a battery and was the envy of the neighbourhood!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Mid 1960s - Scalextric - nothing came close.

This . . . my first recollection of toys is lego, and a lego train set, when I was 5 or 6 I got scalextric, and I still have it today, it is brilliant.

top mentions also go to meccano, Action man, Airfix/Tamiya, subbuteo

Comrade Sam, myself and a few other friends played out the whole of the 1986 World cup finals in Subbuteo . . . :rolleyes:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
subbuteo bha.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As a kid in the mid to late fifties my granddad bought me a meccano set. Looking back, I think this gave me more life skills than any other present I received. Other than that, a plastic machine gun that ran on a clockwork sort of mechanism- my mate’s had a battery and was the envy of the neighbourhood!

Very Good point, I'm an angineer and have a natural tendancy to wantr to take things to bits and know how they work mechanically . . . . first toys were lego and meccano . . . . I was rebuilding bikes when I was 10-11 and scooters at 15 . . . then cars . . . still bloody doing it now :rolleyes:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I hope they caught the bounders who stole most of your Christmas tree branches , nothing is sacred .

Ha, it was all my gran could afford, that was taken on day release from foster care at the peabody flats next to the church on Church Road, Portslade.
One summers day I was in the back garden and kids were nicking lead off the roof, and threatened to beat me up if I told anyone..

I promptly ran in and told my gran, who chased them off.

Indians tell no lies...:lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ha, it was all my gran could afford, that was taken on day release from foster care at the peabody flats next to the church on Church Road, Portslade.
One summers day I was in the back garden and kids were nicking lead off the roof, and threatened to beat me up if I told anyone..

I promptly ran in and told my gran, who chased them off.

Indians tell no lies...:lolol:

Thats a cracking shirt. I do like a beagle collar. :cool:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
intellivision.png

Before I got this beauty it was Matchbox cars and a toy fort and soldiers.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
That big green gun thing that had grenade launchers , bullets , a telescopic site (didn't work , lying gits) , one of the Kenyon's made the massive mistake of trying to swipe it , needless to say i wiped him out with a volley of armored piercing bullets and a swing of the gun butt to his chops , which broke it :down::down:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I used to have boxes & boxes of these as a kid. Used to go away in the caravan down to Graffham a lot with my parents, & I always used to take my soldiers with me so I could set them all up among the bracken & dirt in battle situations....

239cb2e2-cd4a-4810-980d-1a3ce32d30b7.jpg

Also still got all my original Star Wars figures, AT-ATs, etc - as well as a load of carded Star Wars: Power of the Force figures & vehicles that were released about 25yrs ago. Pretty sure I still have an original Subbuteo set in my parents loft as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here