Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your favourite position

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
When you was having a kick about as a kid?

I loved playing in goal, being a tall chubby kid I would always get pick to play in goal but I loved it!, Goalkeeper is definitely my position and still is, diving around in the mud, the only problem being in goal is you get blamed for every other goal that goes in!.

And You?

:goal:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Right wing, all I was good at was running quickly and I'm right footed so there really was no other position for me.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
When i was younger i used to play left wing, being quite fast at the time and one of the few truly left footed people on the team.

Now i'm more of a left back or, if i'm in the mood, a holding striker - i just use my frame to hold it up and let the younger and faster kids catch up.

I'm limited to sunday evening 5 a side now :(

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Behind the 2 strikers, bit of a free role. Always loved getting assists ! Free kicks were mine !

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
When I was young and fit [20's] I was a box to box right side midfielder.
Then I went up a standard and played a useful sweeper.
In the final days, steady-eddie right back.

Played goalie in the school team u10s but after I leaked 7, was pushed to outfield.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Very much a beckham-esque RM

Immense at crossing, corners, mate who played for Bournemouth Reserves said my free-kicks were better than any of their pros....... only thing was I couldn't beat a player and had no skills what so ever. Fast enough, good passing range and vision, work hard and shadow people rather than amazing tackles but yeah when took the whole package was just a bit shit. That said Sunday league I'd usually ping in a free kick and get about 5 or 6 of the assists on other 8 goals, yet parents of other players would say I was shit because of all the times I'd completely balls up something simple :shrug:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Right wing, all I was good at was running quickly and I'm right footed so there really was no other position for me.
That, but on the other side. Also used to drift into the centre to make the best use of my height :D :D

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I was predominantly a full-back. Started off in goal, but it quickly became apparent I had a much higher regard for my own safety than stopping the ball going in the back of the net :lolol:

Most of my time was at left-back because I was very both-footed and our other full-backs were all right-footed... I used to be pretty damn quick too. I took the penalties for a while, and in one game I was brought on at half time to play upfront, I scored a hattrick :rave: Think Will Hoskins vs Newcastle style finishes.

My metabolism slowed right down as I approached U15's and I piled on the pounds, losing most of my pace and got bullied out of the team. My eyesight started deteriorating too and I refused to wear glasses as that would only get me bullied more and I never liked the idea of contacts.
I wish I'd been able to keep playing though, I fookin' love playing football.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Left-wing, being one of the only naturally gifted left (and right) footed footballers in my school and club. Also of slight build when i was a lad, and nippy.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I used to play left back as a kid as I wasn't that quick, however when I went to university I realised I could read the game ok and was slightly tall (after a growth spert) so played up front pretty successfully.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Always enjoyed knocking people over so mainly played in goal. Fortunately have a very thick skull which several forwards hurt their knees on when I hurtled out and plucked the ball off their toes.
Once saved a penalty with my nads which put me off for a while.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Midfield , wasn't any good though , always in the last 10 kids to get picked for the Friday afternoon game at school so ability wise about as good as Dean Hammond.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here