Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your favourite moment from Saints Game?

• The pie

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Gullys Girls dancing to Pendulum

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Southampton goal that wasn't

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Prado missed sitter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harding being subbed

Votes: 21 11.9%
  • Lambert Sending Off

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Seeing Vicente in the flesh

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • JFC goal

Votes: 36 20.5%
  • Sparrow 1st goal

Votes: 46 26.1%
  • Sparrow 2nd goal

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Clean sheet

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Seeing Dennis Wise

• LuaLua terrorising the Saints defence

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • JFC coming of age

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • 4 youth products in the starting line up

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Winning with a bare bones team

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Billy Paynter being sent back

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Just one booking

• Free chocolates in the concourses

• The rack on that Megan bird going for Miss England

Votes: 6 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
JFC goal for me. Love that boy. Totally deserved.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I can't decide - too many options!!!! The whole experience was just enormous fun -

The double save for me was amazing - but I think JFC's goal was a pretty sweet moment!! As a mum - if his parents were watching which hopefully they were - that would have been an immensely special moment - so that has won my vote. Well done JFC - your a little star!!!

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Whilst the Sparrow's first goal was amazing, in general it was best to see Lualua playing more like his best.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Brettles

what a tough choice. In some order though;

1) favourite was sparrow's second as the players celebrated right in front of us and I threw my 2 year old in the air with delight

2) second favourite was jake's goal

3) Sparrow's first

4) Lambert sending off

5) southampton 'goal' just to balance things up

6) Lua Lua

7) Prado miss

8) GG Pendulum - fab track

9) Winning with bare bones

10) Vicente

11) Clean sheet

12) The pie (one did exist)

Really not happy with Harding being subbed - if he'd been sent off it would have been much much much better. he would have got the same level of stick but would have been even more emotional. I heard from someone at the club that apparently when D'urso pulled him up for the second foul he was almost tearfully begging him not to send him off. very fragile temperament.

Cant comment on wise, megan or chocs as I didnt see them. Although I think I caught a bit of megan in the programme but as she's young enough to be my daughter I didnt look for (too) long.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
JFC goal - once that went in there was only going to be one outcome.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what f***ing chocolates?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't decide - too many options!!!! The whole experience was just enormous fun -

The double save for me was amazing - but I think JFC's goal was a pretty sweet moment!! As a mum - if his parents were watching which hopefully they were - that would have been an immensely special moment - so that has won my vote. Well done JFC - your a little star!!!

His stepdad was at Eastbourne watching Gary Hart nick two points off Dover, by getting a late second goal. Eastbourne Borough 2 Dover 2. JFC has given Nicky his shirt from the game, which is a lovely touch.

Edit I think any youngster scoring on their debut league game is something special so voted JFC goal

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Seeing Vicente in the flesh. :bowdown: he looked FLAIR with his hat, gloves, tracksuit on :moo:

I did think that we may never see the great man again and it could potentially mean so much to our season!

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
I must say my favourite moment was getting to the ground and hearing the team and the abandonment of the SILLY lop sided 4 4 2 formation with one winger!! (about time Gus) the change to 4 5 1 made us more attacking, more direct (though not 'stoke') and we had more energy, both wingers were great and the midfield got forward and supported when possible! THAT is the way we should play

the young lads were brilliant and for me, the first team players that are out with 'silly' bans can wait to come back in

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sparrow's first for me... IMMENSE strike :)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
i would have voted seeing Vicente in the flesh if he'd revealed any in the slightest. I don't count eyeballs or the bones of a face as flesh.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I voted the pie because I had a festive pie, which I really enjoyed.

I think what is better than four youth prospects playing, is that they player well, for me on reflection the best thing was so many players stepping up, not just those four, but brez, sparrow has been getting some stick and people questioning his value, and lualua and buckley getting starts.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
attachment.php
#

:whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here