Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What was your favourite car

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have only owned a car for 2 years of my 51; I took a job in Wycombe which was a pain from Camden by train. That was one of the new VW Beetles. My first and last car. Still my favourite. And one of a small handful of cars which I could name/recognise.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The old shape F reg Missbushy Pajero, a cubic work of 4x4 art, so cool you had to perform a gearbox refurb everytime you actually needed to use the 4x4 bit, I sold mine on in 2002 in working order and watched it speed pass me a few weeks back on the A23, still rust free and flying.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My saab 9000 carlsson which i have had for 22 years still.love it as my daily drive

Pictures please.
The Aero was my 2nd 9000, I broke the first :
dscf2462.jpg

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
My favourite was my Ford Cortina Mk4 1.6L, it was an ex taxi but very well looked after.
It cost me 900 pounds, I had it for 3 years and sold it for 1200 pounds it was in that good a condition.
My current drive is creeping up though, it is a Toyota Hilux panel van 3 ltr diesel and is long wheel based.
It always starts and just goes on and on, I have had it 14 years now and really haven't spent much on it, easy to repair and service and always reliable.
The air con is like being in a freezer, which is a bonus here.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Probably the MGB Roadster we've got now or my dads old E-Type. Proper driving cars.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Age 20 I managed to get myself one of these in Wedgwood Blue.....a car of great beauty, incredible (for the day) straight line performance and an absolute brute to get round corners - I loved it though

5a97ad697bc57-14.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
couldnt decide, so I made a collage . . . Top 2 where not mine, I just got to look after them and race them, I still have the bottom 2.

6 of the best.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
My favourite car was the one I got after passing my test in the late seventies.
It was a 1970 MK 2 1600e Cortina.
I had a mate who owned a garage and had a spray shop in Patcham.
We lowered the front suspension and jacked up the rear - fitted front and rear spoilers.
Resprayed it jet black and put wide Kelly Springfield tyres on.
Problem was I got stopped by the police on a regular basis and knocked the front spoiler off every time I went over a bump.:dunce:

this was my last one, about 2000-2003 a very good car, much improved over the mk1, although not as light or quite as good looking. was a very reliable daily driver, did over 20 000 miles init in 2 1/2 years. pcd15g.jpg took me to work and back, to albion matches and the first REMF game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Age 20 I managed to get myself one of these in Wedgwood Blue.....a car of great beauty, incredible (for the day) straight line performance and an absolute brute to get round corners - I loved it though

View attachment 117131

I test drove one of those and you’re right, a “man’s car “ is probably the best way of describing it. It was a hard drive! I decided on the Alfa Spider having also test driven a TVR Vixen during the same car search, which was unfortunately an absolute dog.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I was never selfish enough to bother with cars.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Is that a genuine Porsche 356? Love to have a drive in one of those!

yes indeed, a 1954 pre A . . . 1500cc 170 BHP, 125 mph on the mulsanne straight . .. . . no f***ing brakes!!!!! one of the best weekends ever, we came 9th overall and won the index of performance outright. proper trophy too!

index.JPG

20160710_155420575_iOS.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I test drove one of those and you’re right, a “man’s car “ is probably the best way of describing it. It was a hard drive! I decided on the Alfa Spider having also test driven a TVR Vixen during the same car search, which was unfortunately an absolute dog.

mine was pretty good ( had been well restored ) but they are not brilliant cars by any means, the earlier griffiths/granturas are utter shyte. Although in recent years they have been completely re engineered for racing, so not really comparing chips with chips. an MG midget is a better drive TBH!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
The car which will forever be in my heart is a Renault 5 GT Turbo Phase 2. I was 20 years old and the car was just 3 years old at the time. I bought it from a Beverley Goodway, the Sun 'Page 3' photographer of all people. No pics in the boot or glovebox though..

The image is not the actual car, but mine was the same spec, year and colour as this one. I was SO proud of it.

11623847.jpg

The pinnacle of my motoring possessions was this little bugger. Sold it three years ago when the business started to take a tumble, but I loved owning it.

_MG_6849.jpg

These are my two favourite cars. If I had to choose a winner... it'd be the Renault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here