Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what was your best ever computer game ...?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
wonder boy in monsterland (master system)
golden eye (N64)

Trigger said:
Soccer Star
Emlyn Hughes International Soccer
Matchday II

All on the Spectrum 128k

:clap:

Emlyn Hughes it is! I can play it on my Pocket PC with a C64 emulator - which is nice! :clap2: Matchday II is also very good.

Other favourites include :-

Software Star - C64 (Very sad game by the makers of Football Manager in which you run a software company)
Football Manager - ZX81 (The first game I ever played at home and the game that introduced me to computers. Probably influenced my career!)
Hyper Sports - C64 and arcade
Summer Games - C64. The ebst graphics in a game. Ever! (At the time anyway)
Star Trader - C64 (Very basic Elite alike but kept me entertained for hours)
Wacky Waiters - Vic 20
Football? - Vic 20 - Can't remember what this was called and can't find a rom on the net anywhere. Each side of the tape had a different game. The short game let you type in team names and played games - with no user input at all! The long game let you type in players names and then played a game in the style of Champ Man - again with no user input. Sounds very worthless and sad now but when your 12 in the early days of computing it was class!

I must stop else I'll keep droning on like an old fart - Green Beret, Uridium, Parallax, Wizball, Daley Thompsons Decathlon, Brian Jacks Superstar, Ring of Fire etc. etc. etc.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
can't believe you mentioned wacky waiters on the vic 20. that was the first computer game i ever bought. oh how disappointed i was when i got it home...

anyway

iss - n64
goldeneye - n64
legend of zelda - n64
premier manager 2 - amiga
speedball 2 - amiga
countless spectrum games

Wacky Waiters was rock hard. Three trips and you lost - it was alost impossible not to trip. I seem to remember buying it from the Friday Ad - that was probably just before Boots became the place to buy games. £1.99 for a game - happy days. One Man and his Droid, Booty, Kikstart etc.

Oooo, oooo - just thought of another good one - Clumsy Colin's Action Biker on the C64. I think he was the KP Skips character. That game was so good that I completed it on an emulator a few years ago. Riding around a wraparound landscape complete with rollercoaster and building site, picking up helmets as you go. If anyone is bored and has an emulator - give it a go, it's addictive.
actionbiker.gif

Find the rom on here (Under Action Biker):-

C64.com

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
off that site off yours

sex games

sex_cartoons-ingame2.gif
sex_cartoons-ingame5.gif

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was moved to tears the other day when I saw a screenshot of Ant Attack on the Spectrum. 3 dimensional graphics was actually sexually arousing to a 12 year old in those days.
Who could ever forget the immortal:

(c) 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

the opening portal to a wondrous world of strained eyesight and late nights.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
SWOS
Kick Off 2
+ many other Amiga games

Unreal/Unreal Torunament/Doom/Duke3D/Quake/Quake2 etc etc all those FPS games, used to spend hours making levels for 'em too!

Champ Man aswell, Grand Prix 2, Tony Hawk Skater....Everquest, Star Wars Galaxies, damn list is endless, I love computer games!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
On the Left Wing said:
Elite for the BBC B (circa 1984)

Would love to get a PC version!!!!!

try here

many people converted it to PC, do a google search for old abadonware games and you may find the original and/or other version including Elite 2

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
CrabtreeBHA said:
try here

many people converted it to PC, do a google search for old abadonware games and you may find the original and/or other version including Elite 2

Brill ... will do
cheers
:clap2:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes. Kick off 2 and Goldeneye. used up a lot of life on those

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Kick Off 2 on the Amiga

Football Manager on the spectrum, those sexy little stickmen playing out the action in front of your eyes and the fart noise when you missed a shot.

Winter Olympics on the C64. Hours and hours of fun with my mates.

Kick Start on the C64, think it only cost £2.99 or something, superb entertainment as you tried to take your cyclist across the 2D track without breaking his shins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here