Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What Was The Worst Albion Performance You Have Ever Seen ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Worst personal experience watching a completely inept performance was a cold Saturday 14th January away Crewe 1995, we were 4-0 with something like 20 minutes gone, and it stayed like that, such a depressing day, and when I realised something is not right at our club, for me that signalled the start of the rot.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Losing to 9 man Walsall at Withdean.
This. The most embarrassing bit was Adams claiming we put in loads of crosses but couldn’t get through; the reality was we were devoid of any idea beyond lumping the ball into the box from the halfway line.

If I remember correctly it was 1-1 when they went down to 9…..and their 9 man team scored a winner.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Worst personal experience watching a completely inept performance was a cold Saturday 14th January away Crewe 1995, we were 4-0 with something like 20 minutes gone, and it stayed like that, such a depressing day, and when I realised something is not right at our club, for me that signalled the start of the rot.
Yes I was there

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Going out of the FA Cup at home to Sudbury Town and losing at Kingstonian were pretty dire days. The odd battering against Premier League sides will never compare. Even the worst top flight side has players very capable of hammering anyone if it all clicks and the opposition are 10% off.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Losing one or two nil to Hartlepool in the FA Cup at Withdean. They were bottom or next to bottom of league two.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
2-8 home to Bristol Rovers.
0-4 home to Walton and Hersham.
In the same week.
Manager: Brian Clough.
Yes, I agree. I think that these results under Clough, with all the hype of his coming, were quite the lowest I have ever felt watching the Albion.
Yes, we have had some shocking times, but with the teams we had they could have been expected. I never saw those two results coming.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
There was a match against Reading early 90s at The Goldstone, we had to play in our away kit IIRC. We lost. Don’t remember much else.
Me and a couple of mates walked out early (to go to the pub admittedly we were already pissed)
It was only time I time I thought “this is shit, I’m not going again”
Needless to say, we were at the next home match

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Certainly nothing in the past 20 years. Bloody kids moaning on here after last night is doing my head in.
Kids on NSC, did you see the age demographic thread?! 😂

I don’t think the two era’s are exclusive when it comes to comparing shocking performances though. With the money we’ve spent and quality of player we’re able to put out these days and against opposition last night with much less resources than us, it is perfectly acceptable to moan about that heartless and brainless performance. I was there at Priestfield to watch us lose 1.3 at home to Cambridge etc etc and can say in their own ways the performances were equally as bad.

But anyone asking for a refund is a tube.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
The 5-0 at Palace was really bad . Also when I was a lot younger think we went to Boro in 1991-92 season and got hammered 4-0 then my younger self was like we are going down one season after losing the play off final grim day that was

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Another contender, 30 April 2006 Albion 1-5 Stoke, what a miserable end to a sad season. Felt like a solid Championship team against a keystone’s National League team. Half the crowd had left by 75 minutes, so not a new phenomenon!

IMG_1578.png

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
0-4 darlo at Gillingham
can't really blame the players
it was the situation we were in at the time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here