What was the LAST gig you went too?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Adam Ant at the Concorde 2. The gig from my childhood that I never went to as I was too young at the time. OK, no Ants, but still good.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The Hop Farm Festival, yesterday. Prince = still feckin' awesome!!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
err....Take That at Wembley Stadium, the cringe-worthy Robbie Williams segment aside it was terrific.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
err....Take That at Wembley Stadium, the cringe-worthy Robbie Williams segment aside it was terrific.

They do seem to be permitting him rather more influence than is healthy IMHO. I guess he feels he's had a successful solo career and that puts him on a greater level than he was on previously in the band, which to an extent is true, but they shouldn't ignore his solo career has been utter cack for years now.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
They do seem to be permitting him rather more influence than is healthy IMHO. I guess he feels he's had a successful solo career and that puts him on a greater level than he was on previously in the band, which to an extent is true, but they shouldn't ignore his solo career has been utter cack for years now.

To be honest it felt like you were part of his therapy sessions. He still appears to have a lot of issues and just appeared desperately needy. I agree it seemed like the band were accomodating him as a favour. Once he got into the latter stage of the gig he relaxed a lot more and he was less intrusive. His contributions to the last album were very good I thought, but I understand that TT will return to being a four-piece after this tour.

I was really impressed with the four piece Take That, relaxed, full of confidence and they really were having fun. All in all a to evening out. Followed that up with a trip to the Corn Exchange to see a new opera on sunday, an eclectic weekend indeed.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Don't go to many gigs nowadays, but did see Senser at the 100 club the other week. It was nostalgia-tastic.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Hurrah for Pulp last night, Grace Jones was also great

Pulp

Bring on the legend that is Bootsy Collins a week today, cannot wait. At the Indigo 02, never been there before, anyone know what its like, capacity, travel, wheres good to watch from, Bootsy does like to meet his public will the security allow this there.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I accompanied my wife to see Take That at Wembley on Friday night. I have never seen so many women in one place at one time ever :eek:

Anyway, the show was actually pretty good, though the last time I saw Robbie Williams perform "Let Me Entertain You" live I was about 10 foot away rather than the length of a football pitch and several storeys up!! The first time was at my University Summer Ball in about '97 or '98 (and he put on a much better show then... or I was much drunker...):eek:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Last night. the Dome

It was our ( The Sussex Chorus) 90th anniversary concert with guest singers Dame Felicity Lott and John Hancorn. We did some Mendeleson and a load of really great Opera Chorus's.

Brilliant evening

Oh yes, Dame Felicity Lott sang Velija from The Merry Widow and it was quite sublime. I really envy people who show no effort in reaching rediculously high notes. fabulous

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports