Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the biggest CPFC > Albion points gap this season?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Bozza , can you clarify that in the unlikely event of Palace reaching the play offs, and , heaven forbid, turn over the mighty seagulls, that Palace posters won't be confined to one thread ?
Thanks in advance .

Why will your crap boards do us the same honour, and not just confined to the away room. This is a Brighton message board we can take this piss as much as we like the same as you have been doing all season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bozza , can you clarify that in the unlikely event of Palace reaching the play offs, and , heaven forbid, turn over the mighty seagulls, that Palace posters won't be confined to one thread ?
Thanks in advance .

In that situation it would be fantastic if Palace tools were confined to one thread, or even to an away end brought in specially for the play offs.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Why will your crap boards do us the same honour, and not just confined to the away room. This is a Brighton message board we can take this piss as much as we like the same as you have been doing all season.

If you glance at the away end on the bbs, you'll see lots of yours are having a great time with the wind ups.
I haven't got a problem with the pee taking on here, I'm only a guest after all !
If you give it, you've got to take it back.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If you glance at the away end on the bbs, you'll see lots of yours are having a great time with the wind ups.
I haven't got a problem with the pee taking on here, I'm only a guest after all !

I don't give it on the BBS ; I don't really see why I should have to suffer it on here.

Regardless, on the BBS it is nicely packaged in an away end, so is easy to totally avoid.

Last edited:

albionite

May 20, 2009

I have no problem with the banter, just the wums that jump onto every thread and destroy the subject even when it has nothing to with palace.
Plus I don't go onto bbs and have no intention of doing so.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The answer to the original question is ten points, for a fortnight between 29 Dec and 11 Jan (although we had a game in hand), and then for a day on 8 February, although we had 2 games in hand at that point.

English League Championship 2012-2013 Table - statto.com

In other news, has anyone dared to do the BBC predictor yet? I know it's probably stupid to do so in such a ridiculous division but...

Hull 2-0 Bristol C
Bolton 2-0 Middlebrough
Brighton 2-1 Blackpool
Burnley 1-3 Cardiff
Palace 1-2 Leicester
Forest 2-0 Barnsley
Watford 1-0 Blackburn
Leicester 1-1 Watford
Barnsley 2-2 Hull
Blackburn 1-0 Palace
Cardiff 2-1 Bolton
Leeds 2-0 Brighton
Millwall 1-1 Forest
Millwall 1-1 Palace
Bolton 2-1 Blackpool
Brighton 1-1 Wolves
Palace 2-0 Peterborough
Hull 1-0 Cardiff
Forest 2-2 Leicester
Watford 2-0 Leeds

1 Cardiff 90 +29
2 Hull 84 +14

3 Watford 78 +26
4 Brighton 70 +17
5 Palace 70 +10
6 Leicester 69 +24

7 Bolton 69 +9
8 Forest 68 +6

Which would mean Watford v Leicester (sneaking in on GD) and Brighton v Palace in the play off semis. Grim.

Last edited:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I don't think that will be too far away from reality. One thing I am sure about it is that this year will require a much lower points total to make the play offs than in recent years.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Good to see you on here.

When you give it, you have to take it. You and RednBlue are about the only Palace fans I respect as since the St. Patrick's Day massacre, Palace fans on here have been rarer than a miner at Thatcher's funeral.

Seaside/Glenn Murray, Paulie, 5Zero and the rest seem to have vanished.

Anyway, I think you'll still make the play offs, although Leicester are a better side than their recent results show.

I think you'll draw on Saturday, lose at Blackburn, draw with Millwall and beat Posh.

5 more points will do it for you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have a £10 a point per season bet with a Palace fan, trust me I think it was 15 at one point?
Would you like a bet on that? It was never more than 10, even when we had a game in hand.

Why don't the Palace fans just ignore the away end then?
Brighton fans aren't allowed to post on your main board, while you lot post here all year long. We get the most annoying fans coming over here to gloat when you're doing well, and when you're doing badly they're nowhere to be seen. So they're quite happy to give it, but not take it. If you were to beat us in the playoffs, we'd get a load of new Palace fans registering here to wind us up - something we wouldn't be able to do on your main board. In such dire circumstances, I'd pray we limited Palace fans on our board.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On a match to match basis (i.e. our points total after 13 games v their points total after 13 games etc.) the biggest difference was 9 points. When I'm more inclined I may bother to go through matches by date (i.e. if they played on a friday night or if we played on a saturday afternoon, for example, the difference could be a bit more than that).

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Would you like a bet on that? It was never more than 10, even when we had a game in hand.

Why don't the Palace fans just ignore the away end then?
Brighton fans aren't allowed to post on your main board, while you lot post here all year long. We get the most annoying fans coming over here to gloat when you're doing well, and when you're doing badly they're nowhere to be seen. So they're quite happy to give it, but not take it. If you were to beat us in the playoffs, we'd get a load of new Palace fans registering here to wind us up - something we wouldn't be able to do on your main board. In such dire circumstances, I'd pray we limited Palace fans on our board.

I do (under a different name), but there again I don't give them any shit. I consider myself a guest there and post accordingly. As do some of our more welcome guests from up the road on here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do (under a different name), but there again I don't give them any shit. I consider myself a guest there and post accordingly.
Yeah I thought that might be the case, but don't you have to be so careful that you basically can't say anything - they can all give you plenty of shit, and you just have to take it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I do (under a different name), but there again I don't give them any shit. I consider myself a guest there and post accordingly. As do some of our more welcome guests from up the road on here.

I didn't give them any "shit" as you put it, but the second they realised I was a BHA fan I was chucked into the Away End.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks in advance .

While I don't claim to speak for [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] for one second, if that measure was put in place for a simple league game, do you think it's likely that we'll leave ourselves open to mass piss taking in the event of a play-off defeat? :ohmy:

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Yeah I thought that might be the case, but don't you have to be so careful that you basically can't say anything - they can all give you plenty of shit, and you just have to take it?

No and no.You can say what you want on the BBS, if you put your argument across in a proper way then Palace fans will respond in a similar way. If they give you shit ignore it.
I like to think that whatever I type into a keyboard, I would say the same thing to whoever it is I'm typing to to their face.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No and no.You can say what you want on the BBS, if you put your argument across in a proper way then Palace fans will respond in a similar way.
Ok. Although that doesn't seem to be everyone's experience on their.
I didn't give them any "shit" as you put it, but the second they realised I was a BHA fan I was chucked into the Away End.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Your BBS said I do not have permission to post there....even though I had never posted there before,I registered and still they would not allow me on.....so you are lucky to get a voice on here...but hey ho...I can give you stick on here....bless!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
posted by Glen-Murray 21-01-posted by Glen-Murray 21-01-13 Wait and see little man. If you finish within 15 points of us I'll be surprised. You're a top 10 side at best, we're playoffs at worst.
Amen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here