What was the big Albion game you missed?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Hereford, no ticket, but was in the town keeping a low profile in a pub.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
It would have to be:

i) @ Hereford 1997 - playing for survival...not just as a League club

ii) @ Millennium Stadium vs Bristol City 2004...League One play-off final

Sadly, have to say snap. i) Family "do" with me slipping off to get the score. ii) Parents' in law wedding anniversary to which I'd been 'invited' months before the play off loomed.

Ashamed of Taunton.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
FA Cup Final.

Dad booked the family holiday back in September, and I saw the dates and said "oh no, we'll miss the Cup Final" and dad uttered the words he'll never live down ... "well, it's not as if BRIGHTON will be playing."

We got back from holiday on the Monday, and my brother showed up with a ticket for the replay, hurrah.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Liverpool Anfield 2-2 1991
Leicester - Filbert Street 1993 1-2
Peterborough - london rd 2011 0-3
Crystal Palace home 2013 3-0

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
FA Cup Semi '83 - I was on a Scout trip but my Dad had been offered free tickets which he turned down BECAUSE I was on a Scout trip !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Missed the first proper game at Withdean, 6-0 v Mansfield, Freeman scored a hat trick on his debut. I was lying by a pool just outside Puerto Banus with SSN on loud enough to be able to hear the goal announcements.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Millwall 4-1 play off semi final first leg , booked a holiday as never thought we would make the play offs.
Made it back for the second leg though.

Also missed Plymouth away when we won 2-0 and got promoted, had been to practically every away game that season so was a bit gutted.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Albion 0 Arsenal 4

Been to almost every game the previous season, sweated about promotion to Div 1, and thoughtlessly booked a working holiday in Germany, in August. :-(

Zawn Kellys

Feb 14, 2012
Hereford. Didn't go to a friend's wedding, but couldn't get a ticket (even tried to get a press pass as a photographer, which worked at Orient, Huddersfield and Brentford)- so followed it on Ceefax!!!!!!

Newcastle away in 1979 when we got promoted to the old first division.

I was living in Qatar at the time, I flew back for the last home home of the season, I think we won but it wasn't enough so I was left to follow the game from the Gulf on the teleprinter - no internet or Seagulls Player in those days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports