Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the attendance tonight?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that the semi final gate receipts are pooled and split amongst the 4 clubs, but the entire Wembley gate receipts go to the loser by tradition.

That was my understanding.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I think that the semi final gate receipts are pooled and split amongst the 4 clubs, but the entire Wembley gate receipts go to the loser by tradition.

Football league gets 50% of the semi final gate receipts, The four clubs get 12.5% each.

The FL also get 50% of the final receipts and the clubs get 25% each. Not sure if we cut a deal with Watford last year but I remember West ham turning down our offer of 'loser takes all' in 2004.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Football league gets 50% of the semi final gate receipts, The four clubs get 12.5% each.

The FL also get 50% of the final receipts and the clubs get 25% each. Not sure if we cut a deal with Watford last year but I remember West ham turning down our offer of 'loser takes all' in 2004.

The net gate receipts in the semi finals is pocket change after allowable deductions are made. There is normally a "gentleman's agreement" between the two clubs that the losing finalist at Wembley is given the winners share of the net final receipts.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
On a related subject, what is the point of having seats in the south-east corner? When were the last time they were used? They are always part of the sterile area. If they're not going to be used for the biggest game of the season then why not just remove them.

They will be used for RWC. Other than that they were part of that rubbish plan to put away fans round the corner. Think the area is required for away fans in case of a full allocation taken in an fa cup game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On a related subject, what is the point of having seats in the south-east corner? When were the last time they were used? They are always part of the sterile area. If they're not going to be used for the biggest game of the season then why not just remove them.

The intention is to have enough seats (plus the 2 blocks in ESL) for a cup game where the away side takes the maximum 15% allocation. There have been games this season where the number of away fans could have been put into the SEC rather than the South Stand.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
The net gate receipts in the semi finals is pocket change after allowable deductions are made. There is normally a "gentleman's agreement" between the two clubs that the losing finalist at Wembley is given the winners share of the net final receipts.

Aye it's no wonder the net gains are so small with the FL taking 50%.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You're quite right. What a waste. Instead I'd like to see some shrubbery and ornamentals with maybe some hanging baskets.

cASyByw.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here