Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was that?

BrightonGuy

Jun 3, 2011
Brighton
That was abysmal, we should be beating teams like Ipswich.

Nobody moved and our build up play was far to slow, and i'm sorry but when we have the ball on the edge of the box facing the goal don't be afraid to touch it to the side and have a shot.

Hammond was anonymous all game and when he got subbed i was so hopeful that we would do something with the ball. I have never been in the "For Dicker" camp but he was simply superb when he came on and controlled the midfield, starting almost all of the moves. Greer looked comfortable and kuszczak looked once again very solid. Buckley was also very good when he came on.

We missed crofts and bruno's attacking creativity badly. CMS's attacking runs would have been key to winning 3 points, but we have to play with what we've got in front and we simply didn't do this.

Our Slow build up and lack of movement meant that greer and el-abd had to make long runs up the pitch with the ball because they couldn't give it to anyone which left us open for counter attacks when they lost it.

Kaz has the ability make a run past one defender cut inside and then hit it very sweetly with his right, (he did this once all night and their keeper fluffed it because of its movement) but he didn't do it as often as he should, to be fair to him he was marked by pretty much three players all game, and it really annoyed me because we didn't play him to his strengths.

We need to play how we were playing against sheffield wednesday because we had beautiful passing, great creativity, fluidity and movement from the team.

I'm sorry rant over.:angry:

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
It wasn't good that's for sure, we looked too static In possession with no one making any darting runs or trying to pull the defenders out of position, something CMS does to good effect. Hammond had a shocker, too indecisive when he needed to make a quicker pass and lost possession too often. Dobbie did not have a good game but give him a few more games and I think he might click. It's a long hard season and I trust Gus to sort it out.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I felt Bridge and Kaz got in each others way and we lost the balance on the left. When we have Bruno and Bridge on either side, they give us width and are great down the wings. I felt Wayne was not able to do that tonight as he had Kaz in front of him. When Kaz went off, we got more of a balance and we moved the ball quicker.

Last edited:

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
That was abysmal, we should be beating teams like Ipswich.

Nobody moved and our build up play was far to slow, and i'm sorry but when we have the ball on the edge of the box facing the goal don't be afraid to touch it to the side and have a shot.

Hammond was anonymous all game and when he got subbed i was so hopeful that we would do something with the ball. I have never been in the "For Dicker" camp but he was simply superb when he came on and controlled the midfield, starting almost all of the moves. Greer looked comfortable and kuszczak looked once again very solid. Buckley was also very good when he came on.

We missed crofts and bruno's attacking creativity badly. CMS's attacking runs would have been key to winning 3 points, but we have to play with what we've got in front and we simply didn't do this.

Our Slow build up and lack of movement meant that greer and el-abd had to make long runs up the pitch with the ball because they couldn't give it to anyone which left us open for counter attacks when they lost it.

Kaz has the ability make a run past one defender cut inside and then hit it very sweetly with his right, (he did this once all night and their keeper fluffed it because of its movement) but he didn't do it as often as he should, to be fair to him he was marked by pretty much three players all game, and it really annoyed me because we didn't play him to his strengths.

We need to play how we were playing against sheffield wednesday because we had beautiful passing, great creativity, fluidity and movement from the team.

I'm sorry rant over.:angry:

I agree totally with this - we really lack someone prepared to have a go from long range or edge of box. When the chance opens up we nearly always opted to push it out wide - which is great if the cross results in something but at moment it rarely does. At times tonight we looked like Ray Wilkins on speed - sideways sideways back.

FFS SHOOT !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here