Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was that 'punch-up' all about in the second half?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
eastlondonseagull said:
Observing it on CCTV before taking any action?! ie. they basically just sat there and watched while the lad got a pasting and a small child got trampled on. We should take action against the police for being negligent, if that's the case.

They certainly took their time didn't they. Not sure it was negligent though.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Sneaky George said:
They certainly took their time didn't they. Not sure it was negligent though.

I think it could be argued. If they're sat they're actually 'observing' a lad getting twatted and people were calling for assistance. It wasn't a friendly bit of banter.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
eastlondonseagull said:
I think it could be argued. If they're sat they're actually 'observing' a lad getting twatted and people were calling for assistance. It wasn't a friendly bit of banter.
The good news is that the club are taking it seriously and will take action against perpetrators. But you're right to be critical of the stewards and Police's response time. I am too.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Dave the Gaffer said:
He gave the Wanker sign to the West ham fans and she was watching him.

So they can throw a lad out for giving a wanker sign but do nothing when another lad is getting beat up! :nono:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
The Wookiee said:
Anybody see "Brightons Top Boy" being dragged away by the stewards/cops at half time near the tea bar ? :lolol:

Did our Top Boys show? They normnally give West Ham and the Likes of Millwall a miss and give it large at Cheltenham and Palace.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Perry Milkins said:
Did our Top Boys show? They normnally give West Ham and the Likes of Millwall a miss and give it large at Cheltenham and Palace.

He seemed to think he was as thats what he was yelling to the stewards and OB when he was being carted off

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
The Wookiee said:
He seemed to think he was as thats what he was yelling to the stewards and OB when he was being carted off

Isn't that what all criminals do when nicked. Protest their innocence?

Oi..don't nick me but since you are handcuffing me I should inform you that I am the top underworld gangster in England'

???

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Biscuit said:
Zamora stayed on the pitch after the whistle and chatted to some old team mates, and thanked the Brighton fans. A true legend. At least he doesn't try and forget he ever played for us like Lawro. Bobby DESERVES a love in.

Mate, theres no way Lawro tries to forget he played for us. Me and my dad spoke him at the BBC once and he was a quality bloke and said how much he enjoyed his time at the Albion.
So there.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Sneaky George said:
I've just had a conversation with the Albion's safety officer who knew all about the incident. He's confirmed the man and the woman were both arrested. He doesn't yet know the outcome or if the Police are going to be charge them but said the club would definitely be taking action against them. I also raised the issue of the stewards/police not doing anything. He said they were monitoring the sitaution on CCTV and did, as we now know, eventually arrest them.

He also said the club would try and find out who the young lad was, who was so upset and his Dad, to try to give them a better football experience - a nice touch I think. If anyone knows who they are, so please tell club.

A big thanks to all on here who have helped with this and to Richard Hebbard, the Albion's safety officer. It looks like we'll get this idiot(s) banned - well done everyone.

I have got the young boy's name and address, I was going to send him some Albion stuff to cheer him up. Thanks Sneaky for raising this with the club, I'm going to contact Richard Hebbard now and give him the info.

porterr

Jan 7, 2007
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post so i apologise for protocol that i might misuse, but i would like to say a few words about the incident that occurred on saturday.
I'm the father of the 2 boys who had unfortunately had to witness the cave like behavoiur of so-called civilised human beings.
First things first my 2 boys are fine especially my youngest who was the most deeply effected. This was greatly helped by a number of people around us who went out of their way to support and help comfort us. I particularly want to thank the gentleman who was directly involved ( i.e hit by the moron) who went out of his way to say to my youngest that this is not what being a football fan of Brighton and Hove Albion is about, and that the person is an idiot, and will see that action is taken against him. Another person a lady who was so kind to the boys will be remembered. There were others , but i was so dumbfunded and utterley disbelieving of what was occurring i could'nt utter anything other then words of comfort to my sons, so a big thank you to you all, it was greatly apprecaited even though i could not offerr my thanks at the time.
To say the day was ruined would be a masive understsatemnt , and it took the whole jouney back to Brighton ( several bags of sweets, visit to Burger King etc)to persaude my sons that supporting brighton and potentially more important football is a wonderful expereince, and that this was a very isolated expereince, and hopefully a horrible one-off.
I have written to the club expressing my thoughts on the matter, and it looks from what i have read that action will be taken from both the police and the club.
I hope i can persuade the boys to come to the match on Saturday to see hopefully a wonderful expression of our support.
I would like to end to repeat my thanks to all of the support, and that has restored somewhat of my faith into this whole sorry affair.

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Lord Bracknell said:
Was this the incident that someone near me explained by saying "That lad's been quietly winding the stewards and police up for some time"?

Nope he never spoke to a steward or police officer

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
porterr said:
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post so i apologise for protocol that i might misuse, but i would like to say a few words about the incident that occurred on saturday.
I'm the father of the 2 boys who had unfortunately had to witness the cave like behavoiur of so-called civilised human beings.
First things first my 2 boys are fine especially my youngest who was the most deeply effected. This was greatly helped by a number of people around us who went out of their way to support and help comfort us. I particularly want to thank the gentleman who was directly involved ( i.e hit by the moron) who went out of his way to say to my youngest that this is not what being a football fan of Brighton and Hove Albion is about, and that the person is an idiot, and will see that action is taken against him. Another person a lady who was so kind to the boys will be remembered. There were others , but i was so dumbfunded and utterley disbelieving of what was occurring i could'nt utter anything other then words of comfort to my sons, so a big thank you to you all, it was greatly apprecaited even though i could not offerr my thanks at the time.
To say the day was ruined would be a masive understsatemnt , and it took the whole jouney back to Brighton ( several bags of sweets, visit to Burger King etc)to persaude my sons that supporting brighton and potentially more important football is a wonderful expereince, and that this was a very isolated expereince, and hopefully a horrible one-off.
I have written to the club expressing my thoughts on the matter, and it looks from what i have read that action will be taken from both the police and the club.
I hope i can persuade the boys to come to the match on Saturday to see hopefully a wonderful expression of our support.
I would like to end to repeat my thanks to all of the support, and that has restored somewhat of my faith into this whole sorry affair.

Hows youre tooth?

(I was one of the lads on the walk to plaistow)

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
porterr said:
First things first my 2 boys are fine especially my youngest who was the most deeply effected...

Really pleased to hear that your boys are ok and I hope that Saturday's horrible incident won't put them off supporting the Albion.

I have passed your son's details on to the club (I hope you don't mind) so hopefully they will contact you directly and also this might help them pin down who the scumbags actually are.

I've sent a little parcel to your youngest son which I hope will put a smile back on his face and help persuade him to come along to a match again very soon.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Lander said:
Hows youre tooth?

(I was one of the lads on the walk to plaistow)

I did that walk as well.It was just as bad there for queues

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here