What was that 'punch-up' all about in the second half?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
How did you self police this, if it went on for 2 minutes ???

Why didn't anyone pile into this bloke if he was hitting a teenager ???
Wise after the event aren't you? I don't think more violence was the answer. We did what we could - restrained the bloke. It was horrible. There was not a single steward or copper anywhere near it and we managed to stop the twat from doing serious damage. There were lots of others around who didn't do anything. We did something and did ok. You had to be there which you weren't. I'm just telling it how it happened.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sneaky George said:
Wise after the event aren't you? I don't think more violence was the answer. We did what we could - restrained the bloke. It was horrible. There was not a single steward or copper anywhere near it and we managed to stop the twat from doing serious damage. There were lots of others around who didn't do anything. We did something and did ok. You had to be there which you weren't. I'm just telling it how it happened.

No need to feel you didn't do enough. These things take you by surprise.

Interesting that there were no stewards to hand, yet they managed to bring out 10 extra stewards for a Brighton corner in front of your stand! :nono:

Last edited:

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
This incident was literally in the row just behind me. As Sneaky George has said the guy, and the woman with him, were complete and utter pricks and should be ashamed of themselves and I hope banned by the club.

It all kicked off as the guy behind me, as mentioned before, was a little on the large side and the pissed up guy had trouble getting past to his seat (10 mins into the second half), he started throwing punches around then but got pulled away and went off down the row where he kept on shouting abuse at the fat guy for the rest of the match. The fat guy in the end went over and said sorry to prick face and shook his hand. Then prick and his mrs decided to leave with 10 minutes to go and he just kicked off again for absolutely no reason, hitting the young teenage lad/son at least twice and knocking down the 7 or 8 year old boy, who also got hurt in the face and the young boy's brother, who was perhaps 12 ish, was also caught up in the melee.

When I pointed out to prick face that a young boy was crying because of his actions, and maybe he should apologise, he then turned on me (a 40 year old female) and had to be held back from punching me whilst his woman then started throwing punches around to all and sundry.

The stewards and police only got involved when prick and his mrs got to the aisle and started kicking off with people there too.

Only good thing is that no doubt he won't be seen again till the next big match.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
wish just wish i could see this one day , i would give the bloke a right pasting , absolutely out of order by all accounts.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Sneaky George, Al Bion, well done guys, sounds terrible. I was shouting down to the stewards on the steps below me, but they totally ignored me.

Write to the Albion / police and try and get this prick banned? Presumeably the bizzies will have his details...

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
eastlondonseagull said:
Sneaky George, Al Bion, well done guys, sounds terrible. I was shouting down to the stewards on the steps below me, but they totally ignored me.

Write to the Albion / police and try and get this prick banned? Presumeably the bizzies will have his details...
Cheers eastLondon, appreciate that. Will definitely contact the club next week.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Dougal said:
wish just wish i could see this one day , i would give the bloke a right pasting , absolutely out of order by all accounts.

Spot on Dougal.I would of knocked him out no problems if i was there

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I think quite a few nearby would have happily tonked the prick once they saw the damage he'd caused, but he started throwing punches at the end of the match literally without warning, which was why the little kid's dad didn't have time to pull his boys out of the way and which made it so much worse.

sirmax2004

Sep 7, 2005
Brighton
British Bulldog said:
Saw a police woman eject a young fan in the upper tier for absolutly no apparent reason!

Yeah that was my mate. apparently he swore and so they chucked him out. Then when we asked the police woman why she threatened to arrest my other mate for talking to her. Gotta love the met!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
sirmax2004 said:
Yeah that was my mate. apparently he swore and so they chucked him out. Then when we asked the police woman why she threatened to arrest my other mate for talking to her. Gotta love the met!

She was just being rediculous and I felt sorry for the lad, Just about everybody in the area including me swore at some point in the game.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Well done Sneaky George and Al Bion. we don't need idiots like that supporting us.

Strange where I was in the lower tier there was no trouble but we were surrounded by stewards who kept trying to get us to sit down and 2 Met cops who kept telling lads off for no apparent reason even barging along the rows to wag a finger at someone who looked amazed 'cos they had not done anything.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Hopefully someone at the club will get in touch with the Met (or do the Met inform the club automatically) and get the bloke banned. That'll be two more tickets for the next big game to go to real fans.
We don't need idiots like him getting arrested and dragging the club's name down into the mud - won't help the stadium cause at all. Don't need him anyway if he goes around hitting people for no good reason

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
blue'n'white said:
Hopefully someone at the club will get in touch with the Met (or do the Met inform the club automatically) and get the bloke banned. That'll be two more tickets for the next big game to go to real fans.
We don't need idiots like him getting arrested and dragging the club's name down into the mud - won't help the stadium cause at all. Don't need him anyway if he goes around hitting people for no good reason

Seems an all to common site at Albion game sthese days - fans fighting among themselves.

This scroat needs his ass kicked though

Was he a baldie.....or a shaved head?

I ask only because there was a bloke who looked plastered at the Bournemouth game, 0.2 haircut showing head scar, and not only was he late to his seat, but then kept getting up and leaving/coming back.

He did it three times in the 1st half alone, and the whole row had to keep getting up for his benefit.

Whoever this is, perhaps you witnesses might offer your knowledge to the club in picking him out - he needs to be banned from our matches.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
NMH said:
Was he a baldie.....or a shaved head?

I ask only because there was a bloke who looked plastered at the Bournemouth game, 0.2 haircut showing head scar, and not only was he late to his seat, but then kept getting up and leaving/coming back.

He did it three times in the 1st half alone, and the whole row had to keep getting up for his benefit.

Whoever this is, perhaps you witnesses might offer your knowledge to the club in picking him out - he needs to be banned from our matches.
Yes...bald ..shaved head. I think he had glasses too. Could be the same bloke. The plot thickens...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports