Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was our last sell-out midweek match at the Goldstone?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ipswich in the League Cup? I remember the ground being rammed, with people up the pylons of the floodlights and on top of the tea hut on the East Stand.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
England B vs Italy B was certainly full. Wasn't the last floodlit game against Mullery's Barnet officially a sellout?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
For a league game when the Goldstone was fully open.........?.....Darlington the year we won the Division four championship. The ground was packed that night .......?...I think in excess of 30,000

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Wasn't the last floodlit game against Mullery's Barnet officially a sellout?

It was certainly close to a sell-out although Barnet didn't bring many as they were stuck in mid-table. Alan Mullery had just left before that game if my memory is right. Tremendous atmosphere that night in a crucial 1-0 win for the Albion.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Ipswich in the League Cup? I remember the ground being rammed, with people up the pylons of the floodlights and on top of the tea hut on the East Stand.
Wasn't this the Tottenham league game with the North Stand's last stand on the tea hut?

Jul 7, 2003
Missed the home game (sunday lunch) went to away game!:moo:

Same here - was feeling really ill and didn't want to miss the game. I struggled to make it from my bed to the front door so gave up - a feat even less remarkable as I was living in a bungalow at the time!

Recovered in time to go to the away leg and all of the joy that went with it.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Mike Small laid it off to Codner. Parris didn't arrive until a couple of years later

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
With a reduced capacity it would have been the 1-0 victory against Barnet two weeks before the Doncaster game. 1-0 with a chested goal by Ian Baird about 11k I think but I know it was sold out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here