Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What was it today?

Point gained or two dropped?

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Genuine question: who do you think is classed as "real talent" in that Everton squad?

I believe Branthwaite has had a good season, Onana has previously been linked to Arsenal, but other than that? This is not meant to be disparaging (though they deserve it to be), but which Everton players would you have in our first XI, if everyone was fit? I honestly think they've got even less talent in their squad than Palace. At least Palace have a few players who are coveted by other clubs in Olise, Guehi and Eze. I can't see clubs queuing up for Everton's players.
I do like Onana and Dacoure. If they were playing in a good side, they'd be tearing it up.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Midway through the second half having watched balls bounce kindly for Everton all game and us sending every shot and header into the 50s looking Spiv’s hands I said to a mate that I was coming around to settling for a point. When their goal went in and Wee Billy got sent off I had accepted a defeat was coming. Ecstatic with a draw in the end.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Genuine question: who do you think is classed as "real talent" in that Everton squad?

I believe Branthwaite has had a good season, Onana has previously been linked to Arsenal, but other than that? This is not meant to be disparaging (though they deserve it to be), but which Everton players would you have in our first XI, if everyone was fit? I honestly think they've got even less talent in their squad than Palace. At least Palace have a few players who are coveted by other clubs in Olise, Guehi and Eze. I can't see clubs queuing up for Everton's players.

I might have been stretching it with 'real talent' but they certainly have players who would perform a great deal better outside of Dyche's boring set up. DCL has shown his talent in the past and would score goals in a team with a more positive approach, Mykolenko, Onana, Doucouré and Branthwaite are decent players IMO.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
I predicted a 10-0 win and it could and shouldve been Everton are awful we unfortunately seem to need 10 shots before 1 goes in. Welbeck excellent today taken out by these cvnts from Merseyside that stole 2 points off us

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Given we were playing a Dyche team at the Amex, a draw is an achievement.

On a side note, I had a tap in on the Dyche Ass after the game but turned it down. I’m now riddled with guilt about what could have been!

You've let yourself down, you've let the Premier League down, but most of all, you've let the Albion down.
I might have been stretching it with 'real talent' but they certainly have players who would perform a great deal better outside of Dyche's boring set up. DCL has shown his talent in the past and would score goals in a team with a more positive approach, Mykolenko, Onana, Doucouré and Branthwaite are decent players IMO.
They hate DCL. Loads of them are calling for him to be dropped and replaced by Beto. Which is funny as I thought Beto looked like a pub player when he came on. Though I'm certainly grateful for his attempt at marking Dunk in added time. They also think Mykolenko is poor, and I agree, from the games I've seen him play.

Mind you, I may be making my judgement from a very limited sample size here, as generally whenever Everton are on TV, I find something better to watch. That game they had against Palace the other night was horrific. I'd have had more fun sitting in a cave for half a million years watching stalactites form.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A last minute equaliser when losing always means a gain. Everton will feel they’ve lost two.
Add in the factor of Dyche team, and losing badly to them last season, today left a feel good factor.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I thought we had a very good first 20 minutes but from then on our build up play was grindingly slow and it got easier and easier for Everton to cope. I notice RDZ highlighted the absence of Mitoma which is unarguably a huge factor. But my frustration is that we looked more threatening with 10 men than for much of the game when we had 11. That’s a below par performance issue I’m afraid RDZ. Too often our possession game is an excuse for players to slink back into making safe choice after safe choice and doing little to effectively threaten.

So from all that, of course it’s a point gained. We weren’t good enough for too much of this game and were fortunate we had just enough extra time to get the point

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You've let yourself down, you've let the Premier League down, but most of all, you've let the Albion down.

They hate DCL. Loads of them are calling for him to be dropped and replaced by Beto. Which is funny as I thought Beto looked like a pub player when he came on. Though I'm certainly grateful for his attempt at marking Dunk in added time. They also think Mykolenko is poor, and I agree, from the games I've seen him play.

Mind you, I may be making my judgement from a very limited sample size here, as generally whenever Everton are on TV, I find something better to watch. That game they had against Palace the other night was horrific. I'd have had more fun sitting in a cave for half a million years watching stalactites form.

They can’t even make relegation 6 pointers exciting. I was thinking of purchasing Everton v Palace on NowTV, two vile teams/clubs I thought might be eventful. I trusted my instincts, didn’t and missed a football turd.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought we had a very good first 20 minutes but from then on our build up play was grindingly slow and it got easier and easier for Everton to cope. I notice RDZ highlighted the absence of Mitoma which is unarguably a huge factor. But my frustration is that we looked more threatening with 10 men than for much of the game when we had 11. That’s a below par performance issue I’m afraid RDZ. Too often our possession game is an excuse for players to slink back into making safe choice after safe choice and doing little to effectively threaten.

So from all that, of course it’s a point gained. We weren’t good enough for too much of this game and were fortunate we had just enough extra time to get the point
His Mitoma comments are a bit odd, and not really a good look.

With Mitoma this season we’ve L6 out of 7 and Drawn 6 out of 9.

So he has been playing when we’ve dropped most of our points

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here