Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What was in Liam Brady's 1976 Record Collection?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
OK, so assuming a few vinyl heads have joined this thread, here's a fascinating article about a Swiss football fan and record collector who has put together a website detailing his collection of hundreds of 7-inch football singles: https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/ultimate-collection-football-records-pascal-claude-51065

The website is 45football.com and you can listen to loads of the stuff there, from the bizarre to the terrible, to the actually really rather good.

I take my hat off to him for his dedication. I'm sad enough to own a couple of dozen of those. I also have this Adrian Sherwood tune, which isn't on his list, but then I think that it was only released on 12". Peel used to play it a lot, for obvious reasons, but it's one of the best football records, even if you aren't a Liverpool fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SbnsgRaiZ0

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Blimey 1976. Just started my Record collection using pocket money which meant I could buy 1 per month.

From memory and only first three are in definite order!

Quo - Status Quo
Crime of the Century - Supertramp
The Original Soundtrack -10cc
Relayer - Yes
Led Zeppelin II - Led Zeppelin
Moonmadness - Camel
Rubicon - Tangerine Dream
Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music - Hawkwind
Relics - Pink Floyd (compilation of early tracks/singles B-sides and my first purchase from a 2nd Hand Record Store - seem to recall half of it was in mono!)

Older brother had loads of Led Zeppelin/Deep Purple/Black Sabbath/Pink Floyd/Genesis/Joni Mitchell/James Taylor on 6 track Cartridge (remember them) so I could sneak into his room and listen without having to buy them...

He got loaned loads of other stuff by his mates e.g. Rory Gallagher/Jeff Beck/Bad Company so by the time Punk came I was firmly in the long hair flared jeans camp! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here