Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What was better in the 90s than today?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The internet was much better back then (I first got online in 1994) as was only geeks.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
My body was ripped in the 90s, now it's rippled.
If I'd have known my hair was going to f off, I'd have done more creative things with it in the 90s.
Not sure Major and Blair were any better than our modern shitshow though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went to a drum and bass show with my son last week (Koven). The music was good and Koven was very good. The crowd however were a bit shit, drum and bass crowds were much better.

Also I struggle with the lack of DJing, just playing/singing along to a premade backing track doesn't seem right to me.

Still they all seemed to enjoy it so what do I know.
Not really my thing but I occasionally used to go to a D&B night at 333 in Hoxton in the 00s, it’s was all black dudes and indoor hats. I was only one of a handful of white guys there. I went to a D&B in Brighton around the same time and it was all white kids. Quite an extreme difference in crowds.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My body was ripped in the 90s, now it's rippled.
If I'd have known my hair was going to f off, I'd have done more creative things with it in the 90s.
Not sure Major and Blair were any better than our modern shitshow though.
1. in your head
2. no you wouldn't
3. that's the effects of old age on your ability to think straight

:thumbsup: :wink:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No 20/20 cric ket
Post arrived at 7.30 before i left for work
Youngsters did not carry knives
Drivers were less agressive
Policeman on the beat.
Very few repeats on BBC
That's one I can't agree with you on. I stopped driving for 13 years from 2006-2018. I've often commented on how the roads seem a lot more passive now with, mostly, speed limits being observed(ish). I think it's less a thing about folk being calmer though and more about cameras etc.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The begs the question , for us old farts is anything better

I am offering up our understanding of the brain and how it works. Specific to me is our understanding of neuro diversity.

My labels in the 90s were space cadet, lazy, dopey (lots of dope didn't help :)) etc etc. Turns out using our newfound knowledge I have inattentive ADHD which can be help through medication and different strategies and understanding. Big difference to my brain and my abilities.

Wish I'd known this sooner.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The begs the question , for us old farts is anything better

I am offering up our understanding of the brain and how it works. Specific to me is our understanding of neuro diversity.

My labels in the 90s were space cadet, lazy, dopey (lots of dope didn't help :)) etc etc. Turns out using our newfound knowledge I have inattentive ADHD which can be help through medication and different strategies and understanding. Big difference to my brain and my abilities.

Wish I'd known this sooner.
I can do my weekly shop in 15 mins sitting on the sofa with football on the tv. Someone then brings it straight to my front door in the correct bags so easy to put in the cupboards, fridge, freezer. This gives me an extra free evening a week and saves me a fortune because I don’t buy any crap I don’t need.

Access to all the music in the world on my phone rather than having to pretend my disc man didn’t jump and muck about with tapes.

In the early 90s outr tv did not have a remote so we ended up watching loads of crap we didn’t want to because we were all too pigheaded to change the channel. Mum or dad broke the stick we lashed together to change the channel from the sofa. Gits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here