Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] What VPN would you recommend?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I use ExpressVPN, and have for the past 4 or 5 years.

It's always worked well for me, although that is from somewhere that isn't the UK.

Whether Nord or others are better value for money etc I'm not sure, but I'm happy to stick with this on a 'if it aint' broke don't fix it' basis.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Thanks for replying. My question is what country do you select from your list of options when using your VPN, as I believe some countries won't allow access to certain copyrighted material. Is selecting Indian better than Australia or maybe just default to USA?
I can only speak for IPVanish as thats the only paid for service i have used but imagine the big ones like them and Nord work the same.

You can let the vpn just auto connect using whatever country or server is best. But if you then need to have an IP address for a certain country then you go in and say connect using XXX country. So for example I buy a yearly license for an online gaming service. UK sub for the year maybe say £40 but a Brazilian sub may be £15. So I connect to Brasil server so my PC thinks im in Brazil then activate the sub and it works. Same for some GEO locked content like Peacock TV which is in the USA, you would simply connect to a USA server to use it. Then you can go back to whatever country you like

It really is very simple to use I hope that makes sense

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I can only speak for IPVanish as thats the only paid for service i have used but imagine the big ones like them and Nord work the same.

You can let the vpn just auto connect using whatever country or server is best. But if you then need to have an IP address for a certain country then you go in and say connect using XXX country. So for example I buy a yearly license for an online gaming service. UK sub for the year maybe say £40 but a Brazilian sub may be £15. So I connect to Brasil server so my PC thinks im in Brazil then activate the sub and it works. Same for some GEO locked content like Peacock TV which is in the USA, you would simply connect to a USA server to use it. Then you can go back to whatever country you like

It really is very simple to use I hope that makes sense
Is a VPN actially required for free football streaming. Surely its only a side show to make suppliers and customers invisible.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The problem with the popular VPNs is they tend to get geoblocked by the big streaming companies.

Not sure if there is a way round this

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Free football streaming is illegal. If you mask your IP address then you stand a far less chance of being caught
Seems to me that the payment process is the weak link as Paypal payments for instance reveal e mail addresses

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I use ExpressVPN, and have for the past 4 or 5 years.

It's always worked well for me, although that is from somewhere that isn't the UK.

Whether Nord or others are better value for money etc I'm not sure, but I'm happy to stick with this on a 'if it aint' broke don't fix it' basis.
I've used ExpressVPN for about 4 years all over the world and have never had a problem. I particularly like being able to have a whole list of countries that I can nominate my computer to say that it is located in.
I use it lots when overseas to tell my laptop that I'm in the UK so I can watch SkySports and BBCiPlayer.

I also often choose to connect when at home to set my location as being in the USA. This then allows me to watch Premier League games on Peacock (NBC) via the log-in of my mate in Florida.
I think I pay £59.99 for a years subscription . It never fails to connect.
I'd would happily recommend it.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Are Europa League games easily accessible from other countries?

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Are Europa League games easily accessible from other countries?
Yes. I watched ours vs AEK on DAZN spain

It really grates me that like the poster above someone in the USA can pay about $5 a month and watch premier league games. We here in the UK have to do this.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

It really grates me that like the poster above someone in the USA can pay about $5 a month and watch premier league games. We here in the UK have to do this.

I assume there is a cost involved for DAZN spain?

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I've used ExpressVPN for about 4 years all over the world and have never had a problem. I particularly like being able to have a whole list of countries that I can nominate my computer to say that it is located in.
I use it lots when overseas to tell my laptop that I'm in the UK so I can watch SkySports and BBCiPlayer.

I also often choose to connect when at home to set my location as being in the USA. This then allows me to watch Premier League games on Peacock (NBC) via the log-in of my mate in Florida.
I think I pay £59.99 for a years subscription . It never fails to connect.
I'd would happily recommend it.
Incredible, in the UK we’re not far off that a month and for only about half the games.

We’re mugs

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Swings and roundabouts. It really grates me that someone in the UK can actually ATTEND a Premier League game, but it is what it is.

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
I gave Nord, IPVanish and Express a trial each and I found Express gave me the most consistent results with Netflix so went for that.

IPVanish kept getting found out whilst Nord was too slow for my liking.

I also find that whilst my IPTV does have a VPN built into it, occasionally the 3PM games struggle and sometimes fail completely to connect - I simply turn Express on and set my location to either London or Amsterdam and restart the IPTV app and it is fine.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I assume there is a cost involved for DAZN spain?

Yes, It's annual subscription. I pay 12.99 euros a month to receive ALL Premier League games. Repeat highlights, Moto GP, F1, etc. La Liga is extra but no concern to me. Shame they don't include Test cricket though :(

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Living in Spain I need to get back to the UK for BBC & ITV programmes so I use UKexpatVPN for guaranteed connection via my Firestick. So I have iPlayer, ITVX etc.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, It's annual subscription. I pay 12.99 euros a month to receive ALL Premier League games. Repeat highlights, Moto GP, F1, etc. La Liga is extra but no concern to me. Shame they don't include Test cricket though :(

Does it include Europa League as well?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Is a VPN actially required for free football streaming. Surely its only a side show to make suppliers and customers invisible.
Not everyone uses illegal streams. With a VPN it’s possible to pay for a legitimate overseas
service and see the games not available in the UK, offen cheaper. Probably breaks the terms and conditions but VPNs are legal and the viewer is subscribing to a rights holder who’s pumped money into football rather than funding some dodgy criminal’s various ‘businesses’.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here