Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What type of bread person are you?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
As little as possible, it really bloats me.

A wholemeal wrap is my preference.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Things to do with 'old bread' from an uncut loaf...

1. Cut the leftovers into cubes, smother in olive oil, finely chopped rosemary and garlic, and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, and you have perfect croutons.
2. Take the bread, cut off the crusts and whiz in a blender/chopper thingy, then add blackpepper, paprika and dried oregano and thyme, and you have perfect breadcrumbs
3. Walk to the park and kill ducks with them (see 'About A Boy').

:)

Indeed. Whereas sliced bread tends to go mouldy rather than dry/stale and you have to throw it in the bin.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
The perfect loaf:

- White bread, none of this fancy wholemeal rubbish.
- Crusty on the outside.
- Fluffy in the middle.

Baguettes and crusty rolls are good if crusty enough. As far as white bread goes... you can't go too far wrong with a Forfars Bloomer.

When it comes to Toast... it's a whole different ball-game. Warburtons Toastie is great... but the butter should be applied AS SOON as the bread has left the toaster :)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Only ever buy freshly baked, tastes so much nicer and isn't full of the pre packeted chemical shite

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Toasted whole meal- almost burnt as opposed to 'hot bread' with peanut butter. I also like a peshwari naan with a dansak made madras hot.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The perfect loaf:

- White bread, none of this fancy wholemeal rubbish.
- Crusty on the outside.
- Fluffy in the middle.

Baguettes and crusty rolls are good if crusty enough. As far as white bread goes... you can't go too far wrong with a Forfars Bloomer.

When it comes to Toast... it's a whole different ball-game. Warburtons Toastie is great... but the butter should be applied AS SOON as the bread has left the toaster :)

This.

Never understood the appeal of granary, you can't taste anything else in a sandwich.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Never really thought of myself as a bread snob until I tried Subway a couple of times. None of the bread options taste like bread. Am OK with the fillings, and choice thereof, but where's the option for taking along your own bread that tastes like bread? ???

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Anything but white. Preferably home-made. Speaking of which, I started baking bread for the first time last weekend - bloody tasty!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
rolls day in day out
and you can have a different one each time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here