Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What turned the Wolves fans nasty?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Oh I thought it was his shirt but was wrong then , also saw they clapped him as he approached them , also they were determined for a mexican wave.

I'm speaking with no prior knowledge but I assume from today's reaction that Hunt is something of a fan favourite, every time he was near the Wolves fans they were geeing him on and at the final whistle he was the first one over to them.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm speaking with no prior knowledge but I assume from today's reaction that Hunt is something of a fan favourite, every time he was near the Wolves fans they were geeing him on and at the final whistle he was the first one over to them.

Is that the guy who looks like frodo from a distance ......so where was this supposed trouble? There fans seemed to join in with the whole end of season thing (apart from the O'Hara thing) ..even the few who remained clapped our players as they moved round the pitch

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Is that the guy who looks like frodo from a distance ......so where was this supposed trouble? There fans seemed to join in with the whole end of season thing (apart from the O'Hara thing) ..even the few who remained clapped our players as they moved round the pitch

That's the one. I think the nasty bit is only referring to the O'Hara bit. Before (and 10 minutes after) that they seemed to be enjoying themselves, with the exception of the police/stewards needing to be convinced not to stand in front of them...took a while for them to just kneel down.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Up until about 75 minutes, they were having a sing song, starting mexican waves etc then it seemed they started really laying into Jamie O'hara. Did I miss something? After that a wave of yellow marched out in front of them. So what happened? Didn't see any trouble so it must have been something said prior to the game?

Spoke to a wolves fan on p&r bus, said he's had the brunt of blame from supporters after putting little effort in for his £40k per week wages!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I know she was attacked on twitter by Leon knight

THAT was it, it was nagging in the back of my mind, I've been racking my brains for an hour trying to think what it was about O'Hara's missus.

Is Leon's picture still one of those on wall opposite the West Stand? That might have been amusing when the Wolves coach turned up, with O'Hara staring straight at his picture.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I thought they were great! A few of them that we're still around also joined in the clapping the Albion lap of honour. Great away support.

That was really nice to see. The applause they got from us when their attendance was read out was good too.

Bit of a weird day really. I'm happy we got the win and are now competing for promotion but was a tad upsetting to send Wolves down.

Their fans deserve better.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I heard that Wolves fans sung "The baby's not yours, The baby's not yourssss, Jamie O'Hara, it's Adebayor's" and he gave them the middle finger and made a w*nker gesture

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Wolves fans started the applause for Tony Grealish before the announcer had finished - for that and their passion and their winding up the stewards with a never-really-going-to-happen pitch invasion full respect and I would vote them best away fans of the season.......all that and the mexican wave :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here