Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] What trains are we planning to get

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
Apologies if there is already a thread talking about it but was interested to know what time trains people are planning on getting up on Sunday?

I was thinking the 10.59 to London Bridge but another mate wants to get up there as early as possible.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
We are going to need a bigger train. The 10.59 is going to be carnage!

Screenshot_20230421-190057.png

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
Thank god it's a thameslink one with those wide aisles that go straight through - the smart move is to go straight to first class as they will likely have no option but to declassify it!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Reverse psychology.

I figure everyone will anticipate carnage, leave town at about 6.30am and 'avoid the queues'.

Therefore, 12 noon is the kiddy. Will be half empty, buffet stuffed to the rafters with McKewan"s and a sing-song en route.

Can't wait.

train-steam.gif

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Coming from mill hill in London, the trains down are not exactly user friendly. But my youngest and her husband are doing cross fit in St Paul’s Sunday morning so may watch London marathon and then go to Wembley after they have finished from Farringdon on the metropolitan line.

getting away afterwards, hopefully can get an UBER back to Mill Hill or get the metropolitan line from Wembley Park to harrow on the hill and queue to get the tube! manu fans will be going south to Euston I think so shouldn’t be too long a wait

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
11.58 from Chelmsford to Wembley Central
Change at Stratford and Willesden Junction.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am SO glad I'm not involved with any trains / tubes goonery on Sunday, sounds like an impending clusterfuck of almighty proportions. Good luck folks x

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Is it free travel from Haywards Heath as per?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
8.39 Brighton to Vic
Change for Waterloo at Claam Junction
South bank booked at 10am for David Bowie photo exhibition
Bit of marathon watching
Midday visit to National Gallery
Swift pint in The Harp
Meet sis in law and Niece around 1.30 at Webley
Try and blag way into York House
Watch match 👍

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
You need to use the front first class carriage as they never declassify the rear first class carriage. I repeat, they NEVER declassify the rear first class carriage. Unless you want a 10 match home ban?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Camping in Parliament Square Garden overnight, as part of the Just Stop Oil movement.

Wake about 9ish, no need to wash (obvs), breakfast will be a couple of Soya Latte’s in a coconut fibre beaker.

Attempt to trip up a few marathon competitors.

Before using Dad’s diesel Range Rover Autobiography to take me up to Wembley.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here