What totally irrational hatreds do you have?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Women filing their nails in earshot

The feel of velvet

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
People who step off the top/bottom of an escalator and promptly stop dead still, in a "oooh where shall I go now" dither.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
slugs
(edit) some/most women in white trousers
men in trainers and shorts with those daft white socks that go half way up to the knee
people who drive convertibles with roof down when it's cold
ugly fish ... squid (if that's a fish) ... cod is good looking to me!
most tennis players
people who go to watch the national lottery being drawn as well as any kind of inane game show

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I have recently developed an utter hated of actors (normally American) mumbling in films at a low volume so you can't understand them. You turn the volume up and all you can hear is the background music and noise at a DEAFENING level. Is this just me?

Adsgull

Feb 27, 2012
Southwick
The colour purple and Katie price otherwise known as Jordan otherwise known as oxygen thief otherwise known as a cock whore etc etc ...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
People who seem to think it compulsory to dither at length when asked perfectly straightforward questions.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I have recently developed an utter hated of actors (normally American) mumbling in films at a low volume so you can't understand them. You turn the volume up and all you can hear is the background music and noise at a DEAFENING level. Is this just me?

No, that completely MACKS me off.

Families who take their kids on their weekly shops at the supermarket. Drives me absolutely insane. That may not be completely irrational though.

And people who call me LJ.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
People who say "South Lanes" and "North Lanes" - stop f***ing up my cultural heritage! They always go on to defend themselves saying "everyone says that" and "you know where I mean" - yet they are often the same fuckers who will pick you up on pronouncing foreign places (especially Thai ones, as an aside wankers can only cook Thai Green Curry) and would look askance upon you should you say "Ayer's Rock" instead of "Uluru"

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
People walking towards you texting then walking into you ....going round supermarkets ....and tossers on facebook giving it the big un behind their keyboard but aint man enough for a meet up , f**king daddies boy .

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Twats who drive around with their fog lights on, cause they think it looks cool :wanker: :wanker:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not really irrational but hate people shouting at me from elsewhere in a house to get my attention unless it's urgent.
I loathe the sound and feel of phone's on vibrate if they are on a hard surface. Even hate it on T.V, there's a lot of it on police dramas as the copper is woken and the phone goes off on his bedside.
I hate it when people approach a pedestrian crossing and even though it's obvious you have already pressed the button they insist on pressing it again.
I don't like the atmosphere of Wii games and the like. This kind of weird, artificial shiny world and popping noises, even hate the noises the Virgin media package makes when you scan down channels, pop, pop, pop. Yeurgh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports