Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What to do with William Buckley????

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Weren't people saying not so long ago that we would have been stupid to have sold him for the supposed THREE MILLION that Swansea bid in the summer?

Not me, it's been clear for a long time that we were flogging a dead horse. A consistent pattern over a long period of time shows he comes in, gets fit, looks good then gets injured, and repeats. As a result you get about two good games our of six in a season. You can't have a player that is only any good for a third of your season. We should have flogged when we had the chance and got Conway in who was excellent for us and has been ever since for Blackburn, helping them charge up the table since his arrival.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Hopefully the new training ground will help, better training pitches same as the AMEX etc.

I believe this is a factor. My brother is groundsman at the University and there is problem with the condition of the pitches which is viewed as contributory factor to the amount of injuries within the squad, and not just Will Buckley. The problem is the club don't have full control over the existing training ground so there is a limit to what can be achieved. He reckons the new training pitches at Lancing will reduce this issue significantly as the surfaces will be exactly like the Amex. Fingers crossed we see a big improvement next season.

As for Buckley can we get some sort of elastic reinforcement fitted to those hamstrings. As we saw last night when he's on his game he is a key player who can open up a defence with his pace or his vision.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He needs to find something to sort himself out. I read that Ryan Giggs used to suffer with regular hamstring issues in his younger years, and MU eventually had to tailor a unique training programme for him, and of course he famously turned to Yoga.

Buckley is 24, with a full career in front of him, but somebody needs to work out the specifics of what is going wrong.
Send him a tweet.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Get rid. A part time player we can do without. Solly March made Buckley look pedestrian last night and at least showed some attacking intent. I can't recall Will doing very much of note at all.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Maybe that is the answer. Next time he goes down, bring out a vet and a set of privacy curtains and watch him jump up and sprint away.

:) I would pay to see that happen on a football pitch.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6333121 said:
I hope he is doing yoga. Fantastic if you suffer from hamstring trouble, and the reason Giggs was able to overcome his hamstring trouble and have a ridiculously long career

My mrs would certainly agree with that.

Buckley appears to have lost his electrifying pace. His body language suggests his confidence is low too. I guess these two points may go hand in hand. A year ago, dan Harding had to be taken off because Buckley terrorized him at the Amex. Last week Buckley couldn't get by him once, and even swapped wings.
Think it's fair to say he isn't the player he once was, and that's a real shame.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You can't perceive of a muscle tweak that lasts a day or two? Odd.

How odd the likes of Greer and especially Upson would probably continue.

He does come over as a wimp. It's not even like he suddenly pulls up, he just decides to sit on the floor when there's a natural break in play. It's in his head I tell thee.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Write him off for the remaining 1 or hopefully 2 games and get him ready to be 100% fit for the start of 14/15 season.

...so we can sell him to Sunderland for £2M

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Write him off for the remaining 1 or hopefully 2 games and get him ready to be 100% fit for the start of 14/15 season.

Then he''l play in a preseason friendly and next time we'll see him is Christmas.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You can't perceive of a muscle tweak that lasts a day or two? Odd.

I've actually had this bizarrely. I play a lot of squash and recently, and for the first time in years, maybe decades, I had to stop in the middle of a match for what felt like a pulled groin muscle. My first thought was probably 6 weeks out as it felt like a proper tear. However, 3 days later it had settled down completely and by a 4th day I was playing again without feeling it.

Now I seriously don't have an issue with injuries, and often play through the odd niggle and bit of pain, but there you go, a muscle tweak that lasted a couple of days then was completely clear.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Surely the club and the medical team must have Buckley doing yoga or some very specific stretching for the back, glutes, hips and hammys?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Would suggest most of the problem is in his head. How you can be taken off for an injury then 60 mins later state in an interview you'll be ok for a game in three days time doesn't compute.

Yes l thought that too. I've always suspected that he might have a problem where commitmentiis concerned.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Giggs has said one way he managed his chronic hamstring problems was
to never run at full speed.He had many other attributes .
the question for will is how far can he go in the game without his
tremendous pace? Sadly he will not be the first or last sportsman to
not fufill his potential due to injuries

Any ordinary person would rest.

http://breakingmuscle.com/running/hamstring-mechanics-during-sprinting-insight-into-injury

I had an Achilles heel injury. Tried all the exercises. It did not make a scrap of difference. Then I rested and forgot about it and it went away.

It was real enough, I could not even hardly walk and I would wake up at night and not be able to get out of bed. Painkillers worked but I am not sure if these are legal for sportsmen?

Codeine is allowed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_drugs_banned_from_the_Olympics

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Get rid. A part time player we can do without. Solly March made Buckley look pedestrian last night and at least showed some attacking intent. I can't recall Will doing very much of note at all.

You must have been in the North Stand. Buckley was running havoc in the channels in the first 20 minutes.

33% injury time out. Until the recent bout it was down to 20% out. 20% is the best we can hope for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here