Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What to do with Trossard?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s a bit inconsistent and frustrating but I like him on the ball and when I see him starting I am usually happy. Give the guy time. Ps he doesn’t look 26 - same as Maupay doesn’t look as young as he is!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I've had doubts but less so these days. If we are ever to cement a top 10 PL place there will be a lot of the current squad who will have fallen by the wayside, Trossard will not be one of them.

Agreed. If we become a top 10 team, with better players coming in (and some existing ones improving), I definitely think that Trossard will benefit from the increased quality around him

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm turning quite sceptic about Trossard and his ability to establish himself as a (close to) top player in the PL.

He definitely got moments where you think "this guy is a class above the rest". His end product is great. But his ability to get into situations where he can deliver "end products" is a lot worse: either he just gets outmuscled or his technique fails him - its very rare to see him actually get past his defender.

And tactically he just dont seem clever enough to find spaces to operate in. Maybe this is because he wants to use the same spaces Mooy generally occupy, but at the same time the few successful moments were often through collaborating with Mooy.

If he was a few years younger I'd say "just keep him and let him improve" but he is turning 26 in December, its not like he is a super talent.

He also looks a bit too much like Robbie Williams but I'd be willing to overlook that if he performed well enough.

So what to do? Keep him and hope he improves? Loan him out for a year to a league similar to the PL (like Bundesliga)? Sell him and get most of the value back? I'm leaning towards the last two options. Sell him and Ali J and sign another "predicted starter" for the wing and hope for better luck this time.
Your English is excellent, but you've gone a bit Abba in your first sentence. I think sceptical is the word you were looking for.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You might do, but answer this, would you have any interest in BHA if Potter wasn't our manager ? If the answer is no, you are not a fan

Impossible to answer when he still around, but its possible. Initially wouldnt have gotten that interest though, but its fairly likely that plenty of Brighton fans (and fans of other clubs) became fans through initially getting enthralled by a certain player, manager or performance rather than directly falling in love with the documentation stating "BHAFC is a football club".

If the quality and/or likeability (is that a word?) of team & coaches didnt matter at all, Whitehawks or whatever the they're called should have about the same amount of fans as Brighton... and without checking, I'm guessing they dont.

If the only way to become a fan is to be brought by your father when your four years old, then sure I'm not a fan and never could be. Thats fine, its romantic, but I couldnt be jealous about it - to me my way in is as good as any.

Currently I watch and cheer for Brighton, I battle anxiety before the games and feel a huge sense of angst or relief after the games and I scream and cheer at the players, none of which are Graham Potter. So for now I consider myself a fan and I dont really give a shit if people disagree, although I'm willing to explain my reasoning.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
He's been asked to do a lot this season. He has been asked to play left mid, left wing, left sided striker, 10 role, right wing, right sided striker and also experienced an injury or two that kept him out the side. I hope he'll kick on next year when Potter has a better idea of what he actually wants this side to look like.

Can he play left back?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He and Ali J seem fairly similar to me. Yes they play in different positions and in both cases I think there is a really good player in there. Its just whether we can get the best out of him.

Like Ali J, Trossard should be given a 2nd season to improve and develop but suspect if he has as little impact as the former then might be best to move him on in a year. Would'nt be surprised to see Ali J move on this summer but Leo needs a 2nd season to show us he was worth the outlay. Hoping for better next season.

This.

After an initial very good couple of months, Trossard has more often than not, not been at the races, physically weak, he looks as if he has the world on his shoulders.

He needs to strengthen next off season. Jahanbakhsh physically appears far more capable in competing against opponents in his second season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think he’s doing ok for a first season in our league, it’s all a bit different to Belgium over here. It must be a bit of a culture shock.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Impossible to answer when he still around, but its possible. Initially wouldnt have gotten that interest though, but its fairly likely that plenty of Brighton fans (and fans of other clubs) became fans through initially getting enthralled by a certain player, manager or performance rather than directly falling in love with the documentation stating "BHAFC is a football club".

If the quality and/or likeability (is that a word?) of team & coaches didnt matter at all, Whitehawks or whatever the they're called should have about the same amount of fans as Brighton... and without checking, I'm guessing they dont.

If the only way to become a fan is to be brought by your father when your four years old, then sure I'm not a fan and never could be. Thats fine, its romantic, but I couldnt be jealous about it - to me my way in is as good as any.

Currently I watch and cheer for Brighton, I battle anxiety before the games and feel a huge sense of angst or relief after the games and I scream and cheer at the players, none of which are Graham Potter. So for now I consider myself a fan and I dont really give a shit if people disagree, although I'm willing to explain my reasoning.

Fair enough, tbh I often find your opinions worth reading, just a bit of an odd thread to start a few hours before KO though

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Fair enough, tbh I often find your opinions worth reading, just a bit of an odd thread to start a few hours before KO though

True, its a bit off a weird pre-match post, but generally threads about specific players gets more balanced than if you post it after a game when emotions rule the brain.

Plus, seeing how my betting has gone recently there's also a possibility I pushed universe to let him bag a few goals tonight.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Of course you can do as you please. However, by shifting your allegiance you have missed out on something that cannot be explained. Maybe it’s that missing intangible something that makes you begin a thread a few hours before a match, slating one of our players. Either that or you are a Palace fan.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe

You have been a bit of a tit at times, though more to my amusement than annoyance and I don't have an issue with you.

I think you also make a valid point, whilst going from nothing to suddenly a super fan has been a bit weird you make a very good point indeed

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Looks more like a young Herbert Lom to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
In his first few appearances I genuinely thought we had a potential superstar.

His impact has waned since then. He’s a good, solid winger, but quite inconsistent. Will be interesting if he’s first choice next season.

Now go and watch him score a worldie tonight.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Of course you can do as you please. However, by shifting your allegiance you have missed out on something that cannot be explained. Maybe it’s that missing intangible something that makes you begin a thread a few hours before a match, slating one of our players. Either that or you are a Palace fan.

People are "slating" players all the time, if you read most match threads (perhaps not presently when all is going well) you'll find a bunch of people expressing critisism about players. None would have cared for that aspect of my post if it wasnt me posting it.

Palace fan... nope. I dont think there is anyone outside of whatever their suburb is called who really gives a shit about them. Boring club playing boring football backed up by yank money to continue their cynical journey in the PL.. no thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here