Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] What to do after the final whistle?

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Yes that’s true and I’ve made no secret of that. I have learnt a few things eg that the 1730 match is shown, at least in the NS concourse. And Dick's. For some reason I thought that was one of those exclusive places that aren’t for riff-raff like me.

I’ll try staying behind after the Luton game and catching the first half of Villa-Newcastle. Disappointing to hear that Dick's closes before the end of the match. So be it. I feel I’ve advanced my knowledge at least, and perhaps the discussion might have benefited others too. If it doesn’t work out, ok, it’s back to the 90th minute dash.

It would be nice if the club read this and realised how many people have the same issue, and improved post-match facilities. Would earn them a few quid extra too.
To be honest, lots of clubs just kick you out after the game so we are a bit lucky to have the options we do.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You’re retired. Why are you stressing about getting away quickly? Stop fretting, get some headphones and listen to the moan-in on Radio Snooze or enjoy chatting to someone (Miss Scarlet?!) about the game whilst you’re queuing to leave the area. I’d reframe your thinking if you can, we’re all too impatient these days as it is (me included!) :)
I wouldn't try and engage Miss Scarlet in a conversation about football, much better you approach Professor Plum for a chat about the beautiful game l would think.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Yes that’s true and I’ve made no secret of that. I have learnt a few things eg that the 1730 match is shown, at least in the NS concourse. And Dick's. For some reason I thought that was one of those exclusive places that aren’t for riff-raff like me.

I’ll try staying behind after the Luton game and catching the first half of Villa-Newcastle. Disappointing to hear that Dick's closes before the end of the match. So be it. I feel I’ve advanced my knowledge at least, and perhaps the discussion might have benefited others too. If it doesn’t work out, ok, it’s back to the 90th minute dash.

It would be nice if the club read this and realised how many people have the same issue, and improved post-match facilities. Would earn them a few quid extra too.
I appreciate this thread thanks!

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I’m in a similar situation, always ran for the train but want to be more relaxed - hopefully the new outside area will be good and have a tv to watch the match.

If not I’ll also be in the north stand concourse!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

They do and they know, I havent been to any other ground where they keep the concourses open after the match, we are lucky to have that and the club certainly make a few quid post match because of it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm just about arriving at home then :fishing:.

- If we've won ... break out the G&T, tune into Radio Sussex, post happily on nsc lying that I stayed until final whistle, but targeting b.w.2 and Dwayne as losers.
- If we've lost/drawn ... look for arguments with neighbours and family, then send the family to Coventry for a couple of days, slag off Bloom on nsc for not spending like the Saudis and seek nsc aggro with happy-clappy lickers, whilst praising b.w.2 and Dwayne's posts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here