Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What time is travel by train 'ok'?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Ive look on seagulls.co.uk but does not say for 5.30.

Any idea? Would like to travel by train. Get to brighton station about 2ish? Should be ok yeah?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Leaving by train from Porstlade at 12 and hoping it will be ok. Remember we have all paid £30 for the 'free' travel so stick up for what is your right.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Get to brighton station about 2ish? Should be ok yeah?
How drunk are you planning on getting before the game? For a 5.30 kick-off, getting to Brighton station at 4 should be fine.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I want to be cheeky and go see my dear old Ma, does anyone know what time the travel on buses is actually meant to start from? Was it 3 hours before kick off?

I'll go hunt down the answer.

Brighton Hove Bus and Coach Company

I think 3 hours before kick off is about right. Darn.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ive look on seagulls.co.uk but does not say for 5.30.

Any idea? Would like to travel by train. Get to brighton station about 2ish? Should be ok yeah?

2ish?! Will the ground even be open then? If people needed to get a 2pm train for a 5.30pm kick-off then it would be an admission that the transport plan was fatally flawed. Even 3pm would be early IMHO.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
2ish?! Will the ground even be open then? If people needed to get a 2pm train for a 5.30pm kick-off then it would be an admission that the transport plan was fatally flawed. Even 3pm would be early IMHO.

Meeting a mate in Brighton. Travelling from Worthing. Want to know it I can travell from Shoreham to Brighton Station at around 2ish for free.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Meeting a mate in Brighton. Travelling from Worthing. Want to know it I can travell from Shoreham to Brighton Station at around 2ish for free.

Ah, right, sorry, thought you meant when would you be able to physically get on a train without having to queue for ages.

Leaving W Worthing at 2ish and meeting the GF on the train. Will be her first ever football game so want time to take it all in, pop in the club shop beforehand etc!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If you mean in terms of crowds, I tend to think an hour and a half before KO from Brighton or 45 minutes from London Road - if you want to avoid queuing.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Not fussed about crowds. I've been to the Amex before!

Just wanna know if I can travel on the TRAIN for FREE at about 2ISH!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here