Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What time is the parade today and where does it start ?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Error

The page you are trying to reach may have expired, or been moved. If you have followed a link from your bookmarks, please relocate the page and remember to update your bookmarks.

I seem to get this message on most pages on the official site at the moment!

Anyway its 5.30 from Hove Lawns.

Copied and pasted, The offical site has a layout change all graphics have gone maybe that is the isssue?

oyet: Come and Join Us Tomorrow!

Posted on: Sat 07 May 2011

By Paul Camillin

Gus Poyet tonight called on the Sussex public to come out and honour his title-winning side on Brighton & Hove seafront tomorrow evening.

The Albion boss, having seen his side sign off with a 1-1 draw with Notts County, said, "I'm just delighted that we've finished an unbelievable season.

"We set ourselves the target of 92 points and we are champions with 95 points, which is better than we expected. The only thing now is the bus ride tomorrow and I'm pleading with the fans to be there for the players tomorrow.

"I hope it will be a great celebration in Brighton tomorrow; I'm really pleased for the team and I want them to enjoy it."

Poyet was delighted for striker Ashley Barnes who put Albion ahead with his 20th goal of the season. "We got an early goal and we deserved that.

"I'm pleased for Ash because it's his first season playing week in, week out and he's got 20 goals. There are plenty of players who take five or six years to reach that mark, so I'm delighted for him.

"We started well because we were brave on a disastrous pitch. We should not have to play on a pitch like that. We are in May and that pitch is not acceptable. We don't want to play kick and run, and I like to see football with some nice touches from both teams for the fans.

"It was a game we had to play. I'm sure that if we were playing for the points we would have won the last two away games. The two home games are different because they had a lot to play for but I'm so pleased that the season is over.

"We had the injury to Tommy and we don't yet know the extent of the injury, then we also had a few yellows and I didn't want any red cards, so I was desperate for the game to finish so I knew that my players are safe for next season."

Poyet was pleased with former Spurs trainee Yaser Kasim's debut and Lewis Dunk, who replaced Tommy Elphick - the centre-half was carried off early in the second half.

"Yaser was very good on the ball and confident and strong. As soon as the game became a bit more 50/50 it was not ideal for him, but that's what the opposition will try against us all the time now.

"We play better football than most so they will try to make it more of a war. We need to have a bit more quality, and a bit more power and strength. We will need to be better in the air, control the ball better and adapt to the pitches better.

"We are going to be working on those bits. The idea is to be playing the younger guys and they deserve the opportunity. Watching Lewis Dunk today is like watching someone playing in the park because he doesn't change his game for anything.

"He has the same way of playing whether that's at the training ground or for the reserves, and that is why he is so close to being part of the team. He's so close that I won't even hesitate to put him in the team."

The open top bus will depart from Hove Lawns at approximately 5.30pm tomorrow, and is expected to arrive at Madeira Drive around 6.30pm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here