Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What things annoy you - even though they shouldn't really?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I realise this doesnt quite fall under the "shouldn't really" category as its just ****ing rude but I've just experienced holding the door open for a senior lady at my work and having her just BLANKLY walk through. Literally NO COMMENT to me.

Not even a LOOK.

I mean, WHAT!? WHAT THE HELL? CAN YOU NOT SEE ME? I'M 6 FOOT ****ING 4 YOU DICK.

And breath.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Every time a couple go out on Pointless, Alexanda Armstrong says (without fail) "You've been wonderful/fantastic/great contestants"

Its a (excuse the pun) pointless phrase, as its completely fake and in most cases utter BS as they have been usless.

Rant over.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I realise this doesnt quite fall under the "shouldn't really" category as its just ****ing rude but I've just experienced holding the door open for a senior lady at my work and having her just BLANKLY walk through. Literally NO COMMENT to me.

Not even a LOOK.

I mean, WHAT!? WHAT THE HELL? CAN YOU NOT SEE ME? I'M 6 FOOT ****ING 4 YOU DICK.

And breath.

100% this.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Er, what about the 'but shouldn't really' annoy you bit?

Here are mine:

Children making loud noise in public
The birds chirruping at dawn and waking me up
My son snoring in his bedroom
Old people driving slowly (I ran into the back of one a few weeks ago)
People clapping out of synch with the rhythm at gigs
Having to provide security information every time I call my car insurer (related to above)
The personal statements of students applying for graduate entry into medical school
English people who hate Andy Murray
Andy Murray
Contrairiness
People who are only doing their job (after all, they are only doing their job)
People who say 'you can guess the rest'

You can guess the rest

Why have you been contacting your car insurer regarding out of synch clapping?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Not even a LOOK.

And breath.

Oh God this REALLY pisses me off. Try to display some manners and the bints just ignore you. Happened to me twice today. Tempted not to bother any more.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I know it has been mentioned before, and that it is THAT time of year, but why oh why do some insist upon posting the fact that Jemima came third in the egg and spoon race or a video of their tone deaf offspring massacring a timeless classic on the violin?

Starting to wonder if it's just me.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I know it has been mentioned before, and that it is THAT time of year, but why oh why do some insist upon posting the fact that Jemima came third in the egg and spoon race or a video of their tone deaf offspring massacring a timeless classic on the violin?

Starting to wonder if it's just me.

It's not just you - in fact it's putting me off going on Facebook, it's one big promotion of small people 'talents'.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Nicholas Cage.

Is he a brilliant actor who's just picked some awful films or is he an awful one that somehow got in good ones?

Or, the third option, is he only good at playing scenery-chewing madmen because that's actually who he is?!

It's a real conundrum!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Standing ovations.

It seems to be expected at the end of every performance now, rather than exceptional ones.

Saw Justin Hayward on Monday, and he was good, but there was a group of people in the front two rows that stood up after EVERY SONG. They even stood up in the same order, as if there was a "greatest fan" hierarchy amongst them.

Anyway, it really shouldn't annoy me if people are enjoying themselves.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
There are certain voices on TV i cannot abide, so much so that even if the program content was of interest i would still not watch, Tony Robinson on Time Team!!!

Rechargeable digital devices that for some reason still insist on not using the by now universal "mini USB" plug at the business end - and I am not just talking Apple!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here