Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What things annoy you - even though they shouldn't really?

Good thread. Totally irrational and definitely a "first world problem" (that phrase will probaby annoy someone) but supermarkets who seem incapable of keeping the plastic bag dispensers replenished next to their fresh produce area really wind me up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Politicians bullshit, e.g.:

"we need to have a public debate...": i.e. we've done f**k all about the issue and failed to be proactive, now the sh1t's hit the fan.
"we need to have a grown up debate...": i.e. there has been a debate about it which hasn't been going our way.
"we need to learn...": i.e. we were in government, w e f**ed up but can't actually admit that out loud.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yep, one of my peeves is the train conductors who get on the in train PA and ramble on for ages as if they are a pilot

"Good afternoon, I'm your conductor today and on behalf of Great Western I'd like to welcome you aboard this 15:00 service to wherever , a trolley serving light refreshments ........" SHUT THE EFF UP!

You have to listen because they sometimes tell you that the train splits or short platforms etc but my god it gets on my schnards.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Those London Underground announcements telling you the service is good. What's the point? Do we need to know this. Tell me when it's isn't good, but otherwise shut up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why aren't tinned tomatoes stored with the tinned fruit in supermarkets?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Parents allowing their children to ride in the basket of a supermarket trolley.

100% with you on this. Horrible behaviour. My FOOD goes in there - I don't want your kid's ARSE in it, or their dog-mess-encrusted shoes.

Not to mention the fact its dangerous.

Idiots.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was compelled to start this post after watching Glastonbury on TV.

For me, something that always irritates me is festival go-ers that sit on the shoulders of their boyfriends. Seems to be nothing to do with getting a better view - more like, I'm gorgeous and it's more important that people see me than it is important that the people behind can actually see the stage.

Irrational I know, seeing as I'm on my sofa - I'm speaking up on behalf of those affected!

In the olden days, such people would have been easy targets for a bottle of urine being thrown at them...

To be fair, the counter to this argument, is that if their birds are REALLY fit, then I DO want to see them.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yep, one of my peeves is the train conductors who get on the in train PA and ramble on for ages as if they are a pilot

"Good afternoon, I'm your conductor today and on behalf of Great Western I'd like to welcome you aboard this 15:00 service to wherever , a trolley serving light refreshments ........" SHUT THE EFF UP!

You have to listen because they sometimes tell you that the train splits or short platforms etc but my god it gets on my schnards.

worthy of a double vote where the PA system is turned up to 10 !

Just no need

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
worthy of a double vote where the PA system is turned up to 10 !

Just no need

It's the unnesessary stuff that we all know, such as not to leave your stuff on the train. It's no wonder 95% of commuters have headphones in...

100% with you on this. Horrible behaviour. My FOOD goes in there - I don't want your kid's ARSE in it, or their dog-mess-encrusted shoes.

Not to mention the fact its dangerous.

Idiots.

A big "This" from me.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Parents letting their kids work the self service tills. If I'd wanted to stand for ten minutes watching an idiot try and figure out how to scan a lettuce I'd have gone to the manned tills.

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
To be fair, the counter to this argument, is that if their birds are REALLY fit, then I DO want to see them.

At Download Festival, the guy who operates the camera that zooms over the crowd is a Grade A pervert - he zooms in on every girl on shoulders until she gets down or flashes her boobs. Seems a fair choice to me.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Combining 2 of the subjects on here - kids and trains - parents that let their kids do whatever they want at a volume of their own choosing, and not thinking that the correct thing to do is to tell him/her to pipe down!

Whether it's just that they really don't see that Jnr is disturbing everyone else because they are immune to it, or whether it's a deliberate act because they want everyone to go 'aah' at the performing sprog, I don't know - either way it's annoying!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
People who have been standing at the bus stop for more than 2 minutes, and then get on the bus and proceed to search for their ticket/purse/wallet/money, what the frack were you doing for the last 5 mins, you knew you were getting a bus.

Anyone that refuses to end their conversation on their mobile, or remove their headphones when dealing with someone i.e. in the supermarket, at least have the decency to give the other person your attention for 2 mins out of your hectic schedule.

Having to watch the same adverts over and over again on "live" TV, the number of times I try and skip past them before I realise I cant.

Anyone that can't complete a single sentence without using the word "like".

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When you mention you might have steak for your supper and everyone within a ten mile radius has "the best way to cook steak".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here