• One point gained

Votes: 97 44.3%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 122 55.7%

• Total voters

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Should have won that, but feels like a point gained in the end.
Why wasn’t the hand ball a red card? Last man denying a goal, wasn’t it?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Two points given away rather than dropped in my opinion, Brentford would have been incredibly disappointed not to put away the three unmarked opportunities we sent their way.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
1 point gained, but Raya was a monster: I admit I was expecting him to save the penalty - well done Mac. It is maybe Franck’s purview rather than RDZ’s to drill, baby drill on set pieces, but barely any threat from 14 corners needs fixing.
Certainly didn't make any mistakes, and he had plenty of opportunities to do so, but wouldn't describe it as a monster performance, rather very reliable.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
At 3pm, would’ve been at FT 2 points lost.
Now, 1 gained. Minutes from losing against Frank’s ugly machine. Put it this way, the away end would’ve been despondent.
Bang on. So much better than them. They had some quality in the big moments up top but considering we were gonna lose that I’m content.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
They’re great at set pieces. That’s their tactic.
You could hear their fans go mental for every free kick decision. We could learn a thing or two from them in that sense. Our set pieces are all a bit generalistic. Theirs were specifically designed. That said, I think we’re playing the best football we’ve ever seen and Roberto is creating an incredible force of football that’ll see us mixing it with incredible European heavyweights soon.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Technically - or pedanticly - we were never in a position TO drop two points. Coming from behind three times showed a lot of heart/courage/bravery/personality so, on reflection, I've gone with one point gained. We were one iffy VAR decision from zero points gained.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
One point gained by us but two dropped thanks to VAR not telling the ref about the second handball penalty.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We are trailing for the whole second half and equalised with a last minute penalty. That's a point gained.

Should we have been depending on the penalty to get a point? No, but that's a different debate ("Should we have won the game?").

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They’re great at set pieces. That’s their tactic.
You could hear their fans go mental for every free kick decision. We could learn a thing or two from them in that sense. Our set pieces are all a bit generalistic. Theirs were specifically designed. That said, I think we’re playing the best football we’ve ever seen and Roberto is creating an incredible force of football that’ll see us mixing it with incredible European heavyweights soon.
Was discussed on the radio pre-match……basically stats suggest they’re the best at attacking set pieces in the league, and we’re the worst at defending them them. Shouldn’t be a surprise how things turned out. Have to wonder what our full time set piece coach is actually doing at either end of the pitch.

Whilst Xg looks high, it actually isn’t great given the number of shots we had, and of the 4.5 or so, the penalty and Welbeck’s header will account for at least 1.5 of it, so Xg of 3 from about 30 shots indicates not many were likely to go in. Solly in particular hit a number of weak efforts, Raya was solid but he didn’t have to make much in the way of worldies to keep us out.

Palace had 31 shots yesterday too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here