Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the bookies are saying about Brighton.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He actually said an improvement on tenth, which means between first and ninth. The Argus headline then said Poyet was after 9th, which wasn't strictly true.

Not the way I read it. Poyet stated the aim the season and the duty was to attain 9th. That would be a success. Obviously he would want better, you would think but he did say 9th would be acceptable this season.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Bet on Palace and you'll be a rich man!

But betting on a palace win goes against every fibre in my being, plus, they're not exactly on a winning run, it would actually cost me going by their results so far this year.....

But palarse losing is not a bad thing......:lol:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Poyet said 9th was the target.

Poyet has always said that the target is to improve on last season, 9th albeit small, is an improvement as is 1st to 8th... That does not mean he is aiming for 9th, he wouldn't have improved the squad so dramatically if he was.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I read it in the Argus. That is what he said.

No, the quote I put in my previous post is what Poyet said. The Argus article was headlined 'Poyet aims for top nine', at no point in that article is their a quote from Poyet mentioning a finishing league position other than, "inside the top ten".

Winchester1

Aug 27, 2012
Downtown Winchester
I had £20 on us to win the league at Corals this evening @ 16/1. I think this represents some value.... If we manage to take 3 points off Sheff Weds, Watford and Millwall ( and with all the competition for first team starts amongst all the squad I think we will ) the best price on the street, after these fixtures, will be no more than 6 or 7's. So have faith and make sure you have a sneaky fiver or tenner before KO Friday!?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
But betting on a palace win goes against every fibre in my being, plus, they're not exactly on a winning run, it would actually cost me going by their results so far this year.....

But what odds on BHA going up & Palarse going down. That would be worth a punt surely!

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010

But what odds on BHA going up & Palarse going down. That would be worth a punt surely!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

The double is about 18/1 but you can't do it as it's a related contingency.
You'd need to request a price from a bookmaker, but they probably CBA to give you a quote.
My guess is it would be about 14/1.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The manager reckons 9th so it seems promotion is not realistic if the manager doesn't even think it is possible. Save your money.

But this is how Gus likes to play it. He said the same 2 years ago when we went on to be champions.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm glad I got us at 14s pre season having read that.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
CMS at 14/1 looked a good bet... Good article, where did it come from?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
A good article, although I would settle for top 8.....enjoying the championship, some big games and we have realistic chances of winning every game, the step up to the prem is too much for us at the moment and I am enjoying the ride where we are.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good article, can't see Leeds or Forest pushing for promotion though...
Leeds won't, I agree. However, Forest could easily. Decent manager, plenty of money this season, and have bought well. Finishing above them will probably mean a play off place at worst, imo.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
The manager reckons 9th so it seems promotion is not realistic if the manager doesn't even think it is possible. Save your money.

A couple of years ago, Blackpool fans were all dreading a relegation battle season once again, but no, they won the play offs.

So us, a team who a lot of people think we'll be flirting with the play offs is not unrealistic.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Ashley Barnes is 50/1 for top golascorer with BlueSq, which I'd say is a decent e/w bet

CMS at 14/1 seems tight to me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here