Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What strategies do you use to avoid touching public lavatory door handles

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You're going to some lengths to avoid all this shit. So after rushing out on the heels of another patron or wearing johnnies on your fingers to avoid faecalis I imagine you sit down on your shit stained barstool, take a swig from your pint glass which is covered in the barmans shitty fingerprints and leaf through the pubs shitty copy of the Sun? Dear god man...get a grip.

You forgot the pub food menu and the free bar snacks.:)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On cruise ships, there are normally tissues or small flannels by the exit to toilets and baskets to place them in after using them.

Of course cleanliness is paramount on a ship, yet you still get fools who wipe off the alcohol gel squirted in your hands before going into a restaurant, and then they are the ones picking up food and putting it back if they don't want it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I must admit, one of the side benefits of a visit to the Amex gents - amongst the many - is the spectacle of the QUEUE or PARADE OF SHAME.

You walk into the gents at HT for a quick slash, then notice a smaller group of blokes standing to one side, with a certain look etched upon their faces - a look you will see nowhere else. A mixture of slight FEAR - in case the turtle's head suddenly gathers momentum, presumably - as well as slightly sweaty embarrassment. "What are they doing, why are those people standing there?" you ask yourself.

Then it dawns.

Those facial/fecal expressions are saying "Yeah I do need a sh1t in a very inconvenient place. It's very crowded in here. I should definitely have had one before I left home or even the pub. What horrors am I going to find in that cubicle. My arse may itch or even smell noticeably afterwards if there's no paper left."

gen

Banned
Aug 23, 2015
You're going to some lengths to avoid all this shit. So after rushing out on the heels of another patron or wearing johnnies on your fingers to avoid faecalis I imagine you sit down on your shit stained barstool, take a swig from your pint glass which is covered in the barmans shitty fingerprints and leaf through the pubs shitty copy of the Sun? Dear god man...get a grip.

"Shit stained bar stool" ? Surely that would only be a hazard in a naturist resort.

gen

Banned
Aug 23, 2015
No you are not alone. I also refuse to sit on a toilet seat. Lots of public places i feel the same about.

If that makes me stupid then i'm perfectly happy with that,

I deal with that problem by covering the seat with toilet paper taking extra care not to leave any part exposed.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I use my toungue.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I must admit, one of the side benefits of a visit to the Amex gents - amongst the many - is the spectacle of the QUEUE or PARADE OF SHAME.

You walk into the gents at HT for a quick slash, then notice a smaller group of blokes standing to one side, with a certain look etched upon their faces - a look you will see nowhere else. A mixture of slight FEAR - in case the turtle's head suddenly gathers momentum, presumably - as well as slightly sweaty embarrassment. "What are they doing, why are those people standing there?" you ask yourself.

Then it dawns.

Those facial/fecal expressions are saying "Yeah I do need a sh1t in a very inconvenient place. It's very crowded in here. I should definitely have had one before I left home or even the pub. What horrors am I going to find in that cubicle. My arse may itch or even smell noticeably afterwards if there's no paper left."

Indeed, in the WSL they have the dilemma of being right in the way of hundreds streaming! past so the 2nd and 3rd in the queue have to jiggle around letting those past but not letting them push in. The look of unease is almost unbearable

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
I do all of the same as the OP. I have to say it is disgusting how many men don't wash their hands, or just splash 3 drops of water on them before bolting out of the bathroom. :sick: I bet the women are just as bad :lol:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Americans are paranoid when it comes to lavatorial hygiene. Nearly every khazi has a dispenser for toilet seat tissue covers and there are even a few I've seen in New York with automated plastic toilet seat covers. Go figure.

attachment.php

Attachments

• khazi cover.jpg
    khazi cover.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 487

Then it dawns.

I think you'll find that queue is either stage fright or a cheeky line.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Beats me how we have survived for 200,000 years, the last 199,990 of which bacterial wipes weren't easily available :rolleyes:

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I use my foot on the flush & toilet seat & preferably time exiting the toilets so someone holds the door open for me, so I can use my foot to do the same

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here