Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What should the club do about yesterday's game?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Sorry for yet another thread on the subject, but I'm interested how everyone thinks the club should respond to yesterday's abomination.

We can't just accept the inevitable apology surely - the Palace f*** up was one thing, but this is another level.

How far can we go without risking fines/point deductions?

I'd like to see the club publicly call on PGMOL to launch an investigation into the errors yesterday and publish what will be changed to ensure it doesn't happen again. Behind the scenes, I'd also like PB and TB to be making it very clear that we expect our remaining games (especially the FA Cup) to be officiated with the closest scrutiny.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'd like us to keep it in the media/public eye as much as possible without sounding like a massive bunch of whingers. That way it hopefully keeps the officials under scrutiny so they can't get away with incompetence and/or bias bordering on cheating.

I'm sure behind the scenes Bloom and Barber are all over it but it would be nice if we could put some public pressure on whoever is officiating our upcoming games.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No press conference, no media niceties, release a statement saying we are not happy with the standard of officiating and will not engage in PL media duties until things change and a full review into the standard of officiating in the PL and the use of VAR is announced.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We’re not unique. I may be wrong, but Sheffield United I believe went down the season they had a legitimate goal disallowed against Villa that cost them the match. It would take a collective PL club stand to achieve anything, which ain’t gonna happen.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
No press conference, no media niceties, release a statement saying we are not happy with the standard of officiating and will not engage in PL media duties until things change and a full review into the standard of officiating in the PL and the use of VAR is announced.
Demand a full explanation on all those decisions, I want to see refs and VAR face the public to explain their decisions. I have more sympathy for infield officials tbh, it moves fast, split second decisions. The half blind VAR muppetry is something else. HOW can you get it so wrong?

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
We’re not unique. I may be wrong, but Sheffield United I believe went down the season they had a legitimate goal disallowed against Villa that cost them the match. It would take a collective PL club stand to achieve anything, which ain’t gonna happen.
We’re not, it’s true, this season though? Feck me we’ve had some wrong un’s. If it ‘all levels out’ we’re due to be gifted 4-6 points before the season’s end.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Demand a full explanation on all those decisions, I want to see refs and VAR face the public to explain their decisions. I have more sympathy for infield officials tbh, it moves fast, split second decisions. The half blind VAR muppetry is something else. HOW can you get it so wrong?
It seems the club have asked for an explanation of all decisions.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Why restrict VAR to English officials? The Premier League is one of the most viewed and popular sports worldwide and we're restricting a remote job to people near Heathrow? PL VAR should be a job that the very best in the world aspire to.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Get over it and try not let it affect the remainder of the season.

Massive injustice yesterday but there's no point dwelling on it. 6th place is still up for grabs, yesterday's performance shoukd give us confidence we can finish the season on a high

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Who can forget this one..... Stuart fcking at well

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Assuming you mean the goal line technology failure.

Sheff Utd finished 9th that season. It was Villa who benefited from that decision both in the match and in the final table, it cost Bournemouth as they were relegated. Had the goal been given (and you subscribe to the theory that absolutely nothing else changed as a result) Villa would have been relegated.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Play the highlights before the Chelsea game.

Won’t need more motivation than that.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sorry for yet another thread on the subject, but I'm interested how everyone thinks the club should respond to yesterday's abomination.

We can't just accept the inevitable apology surely - the Palace f*** up was one thing, but this is another level.

How far can we go without risking fines/point deductions?

I'd like to see the club publicly call on PGMOL to launch an investigation into the errors yesterday and publish what will be changed to ensure it doesn't happen again. Behind the scenes, I'd also like PB and TB to be making it very clear that we expect our remaining games (especially the FA Cup) to be officiated with the closest scrutiny.
I'd like us to keep it in the media/public eye as much as possible without sounding like a massive bunch of whingers. That way it hopefully keeps the officials under scrutiny so they can't get away with incompetence and/or bias bordering on cheating.

I'm sure behind the scenes Bloom and Barber are all over it but it would be nice if we could put some public pressure on whoever is officiating our upcoming games.
All the above.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
THere must be something legally threatening that can be done to get the whole system overhauled. It's akin to industrial espionage and seriously affecting the clubs business, if we miss out of PL prize money and a european position because we've been illegally robbed of 5 points ( so far)

Next weekends match is going to be interesting. . .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
THere must be something legally threatening that can be done to get the whole system overhauled. It's akin to industrial espionage and seriously affecting the clubs business, if we miss out of PL prize money and a european position because we've been illegally robbed of 5 points ( so far)

Next weekends match is going to be interesting. . .
Worse, we are far more likely to lose players once we have been finally cheated out of a European place, which is clearly the project afoot imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here