Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What should Brighton fans know about Valencia/Vicente (and vice versa)

Los Che

Sep 4, 2011
Hello everyone,another Valencia fan here (obviously).I found this forum few days ago,and was impressed by how many members you have,its like whole city joined the forum.Why I am here,well,you can only guess.

First,to introduce,I am citizen of same country as current best football defender in the world is (I will give hint if you can't guess).Valencia fan for more then 10 years.I saw few VCF fans joined here too,I guess they are not Spaniards.Yes,there are many non spanish Valencia fans all over the world (believe it or not).And as you know,Spain is big country,and their language is spoken in many other countries,so no need for them to learn english,so there aren't many speaking english.But,spaniards are football fans generally,and they know a lot about other leagues too (that means for VCF fans too).

Whats the point of this thread?I thought as you now have Valencia legend in your team,we should know more about each other.

Facts about Valencia:3rd city in Spain by size/citizens,3rd football club in Spain by titles (all competitions).Club founded in 1919,golden era was 10 years ago,with 2004 as best season in history (league title,uefa cup and europe super cup).Twice in a row champions league finalist (2000,2001).Club nickname is Los Che (as my nick),colors are white and black,bat is club emblem.Many big names played for Valencia,with Mario Kempes (El Matador) probably bigger one,and he is known as best Valencia player in history.

Facts about Vicente:I don't think you stil understand how much he meens to all VCF (Valencia Club De Futbol) fans.He is in top 5 favorite VCF players ever.Why is this?Well,because guy is valencianista,he was born in Valencia,and he is fan of Valencia,played 10 years for club,refusing anything else.You can't find something like that in this modern football,and thats why he is fans favorite.And when you know that he was one of best players in world,and maybe even best,some time ago,well you have the answer.Guy is totaly lovable,truly professional,and relationship with fans is very very important to him.
I saw many are writing he will maybe play behind striker,on right wing etc,but you need to understand that he is left winger,and thats his only position,driblings on left and lots of great crossings,with sometimes cuting inside.
I could write until tomorrow about him,but I will stop here.At the end,picture of him and his tatoo (many things will be clearer when you see it).

Now,please,write few things about Brighton,both city and club (I can't bother to look wikipedia and stuff,besides,this way is so much reliable).As I said,I am impressed with how many members are here,and that club has so many fans.I always thought that best fans are those that support lower league teams,they are always loyal etc.I really admire you,and from what I read in forum,I think there are many similarities between Brighton and Valencia fans (the way they write,joke etc).

P.S.Sorry for long post,strange thing is that I could write even more :lol: AMUNT

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,379

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Loving the influx of Valencia fans on here.

Do you think his injury problems are still problems, or are they behind him? Some have said it was his relationship with the manager, not his injuries, that meant he hasn't played much in recent years

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Thank you for your post about Valencia; enjoyed reading it.
The trouble with trying to sum up our club is that I doubt if anyone feels totally confident about doing justice to your request. I am sure there are more capable people than me, but I will start off.
We are a proud club with a relatively modest history. We have enjoyed a few seasons in the top division, but that was 28 years ago. The fans have endured some really hard times and an unscrupulous Chairman tried to profit from the sale of our beloved home ground. In short, we were close to going out of business. But fan action (including that of a new Chairman) has enabled us to get where we are today: new stadium, excellent manager, fantastic Chairman (lifelong supporter)... and this latest acquisition is simply cream on top of our cake! He seems to be the right player for us - not just in terms of ability, but in terms of attitude (especially as you have described him). Other clubs are jealous and we are euphoric. Rest assured, his fine footballing skills and professional integrity is appreciated!:clap:

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Brighton is a lovely city by the sea - well worth the trip from Spain!

we had our best years as cunningplan mentions 28 years ago , with four seasons in the "premier" league from 1979 to 1983
and a FA Cup Final appearance v Manchester United in 1983
when we beat Newcastle, Manchester City , Liverpool at Anfield, Norwich and Sheffield Wednesday to get to Wembley

but we are now back
we have a wonderful ground which sells delicious pies
and we are top of the league after five games
long may it continue
we know what its like to be down
and we have had enough of that

we will welcome Vicente !
really pleased to have signed someone who knows what loyalty is!

Los Che

Sep 4, 2011
Well,yes I am.I was surprised first that he didn't ended up at some spanish team,but he probably wanted to try in England.So,he sure could sign for at least 10 premiership teams,but as already said,he wanted to play,not for money,as he never was that kind of person.I spoke with some spaniards from Valencia,and they were like "poor Vicente",they meant about playing in some unknown second league english team,which means they think "he can do a lot more then that".
You must understand that he is not guy that is used to change his locations every few years,so he probably wanted to settle down somewhere where he could live a while.Which is also good thing for your club,that means they have serious ambition to promote to Premiership.
BTW,I read in superdeporte (newspaper from Valencia,you can find it in net) article about him joining Brighton,where they wrote he signed for 1 year,with option for 2nd if he plays at least 20 games.
Yes,thats the thing when someone join some team,their fans starts folowing you.This time its different,because we had recently Villa joined Barca,Silva joined City,Albiol joined Real Madrid,Mata joined Chelsea etc,but no way we will start following their teams just beacuse of them.After all,they are rival teams!
So,Vicente joining team in championship is good thing for both sides,as now many VCF fans will start watching your games,and follow your progress etc (I know I will).Your team really looks like perfect team for him,for me its better this then to join some instant Premiership team with money.
Problem with injury,hm...strange things were hapening.At one point,they were accusing him to fakes injury,as they didn't find anything wrong with his leg.He could faked it,as he didn't want to leave club,or they were lieing,as they wanted him out (due to many players in team,especially wingers,and due to club big debt,including many players with high salaries).
So,long time without premiership,I guess now its the right time!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
It's absolutely fantastic to have VCF fans come on the forum. You're all very welcome and we all appreciate your comments. We will all look after vincente, you can be sure of that.
Brighton play a unique style of football under gus poyet which enabled us to win promotion last season and win the league. Our style of football is different from nearly all other championship clubs and having heard what the VCF fans have to say, and having watched many of the vincente videos on YouTube etc, vincente will fit like a glove.
Good luck to Valencia this season, you will have a few more fans from the southern English coast cheering you on in your European exploits this season

Los Che

Sep 4, 2011
I can't believe what I am reading,its same thing that hapened at Valencia few years ago.Former president (Vicente Soler) wanted to earn money same way,by selling old ground (Mestalla),and he started building new one.The problem is,he was spending a lot on bad players,and he started new stadium without money from old one.So we were in 600+millions debt few years ago,and many were saying we are new Leeds United!He finaly somehow left 2 years ago,and Manuel Llorente became president (its the share thing,they were fighting for shares etc).He reduced debt by half,so now we are "only" about 300 in minus.Selling best players and geting 100 millions from fans did the trick (it was some capital increse thing).Biggest problem is we can't sell old Mestalla,prices are so low nowdays in Spain,so from 400-500 millions few years back,now we cant get even 150 for ground,which is to low.Also we need another 200 millions to finish new stadium (work is stoped there long time ago).
I am not spaniard (just to let you all know).
I guess from all this "millions" you all have dizziness,you probably all think "give us few millions and we will show you what can we do with Brighton".

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Los Che, is there a particular forum you and other Valencia fans use, which you would recommend? Nothing google translate couldn't sort out I'm sure!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Hi Los Che nice to hear from you. Brighton well where do you start i guess one thing you could say is that brighton has heart and soul, just look at our history.

We have gone from this when we had our old stadium sold under our feet

To this;

and its been a long hard battle! Which we are stepping into to again to hopefully help save another club from money men.

Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

Its a privilege to have a player of Vicente ability and would be amazing to see some of you guys at the Amex stadium you re welcome anytime.

Hi Los Che ...

Tell us about Las Fallas.

I know that many Albion fans who have connections with Bonfire celebrations in Lewes have visited Valencia for your festival. Is it worth missing a few football matches in March to make the visit?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Brighton vs Valencia next preseason, anyone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here