Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Restrictions Do You Think Should Be Eased After Current 3 Week Review Period Ends?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
100% agree. Sadly all this present scenario does is widen the gap between the haves and the have nots with the have nots footing the bill

Pray explain how you believe the "Have Nots" as you call them are footing the bill ? Is it not the "have nots",who have no money no jobs etc that are being helped out ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
100% agree. Sadly all this present scenario does is widen the gap between the haves and the have nots with the have nots footing the bill
Yep hard to see it now with all this UNPRECEDENTED help they're giving out but boy will the have nots be shafted in the long run, save the NHS will be followed by privatise the NHS

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Hong Kong graffiti sums it up: "We can't go back to normal, because normal got us here in the first place".

Normal would be me going to get my hair cut or having a routine, 6 monthly check up dental appointment. Both my normal barbers and my normal dental practise are closed. I can't see either of those opening up again for quite some time.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Pray explain how you believe the "Have Nots" as you call them are footing the bill ? Is it not the "have nots",who have no money no jobs etc that are being helped out ?

In the long run via taxation when a sense of normality returns and in the immediacy with the loss of their jobs. *shrug*

Sounds like you resent the furlough operation? Pray tell why that’s the case?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
In the long run via taxation when a sense of normality returns and in the immediacy with the loss of their jobs. *shrug*

I can only assume you didn`t read my post or mixed it with someone elses. copied for you to read below.

Please point out where I sound like I resent the Furlough operation ?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I can only assume you didn`t read my post or mixed it with someone elses. copied for you to read below.

Please point out where I sound like I resent the Furlough operation ?

Not sure why we’re arguing per se but I felt like your post read as if you resented the have nots getting help. Then I explained how I feel they will pay both in the immediacy of losing their jobs [unlikely that those furloughed now will ALL return to a job] and then those lucky enough to retain their jobs will suffer through high taxation to foot the bill in future years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Normal would be me going to get my hair cut or having a routine, 6 monthly check up dental appointment. Both my normal barbers and my normal dental practise are closed. I can't see either of those opening up again for quite some time.

Yes, re haircuts, I'm currently contemplating whether I should just bite the bullet and buy some clippers. My standard is a 2 round back and sides, 3 on top, so might get the boy to do that for the foreseeable future, as at 13, he really needs to start doing some things. Dentists are an interesting one. I suspect that what we'll need is some sort of immediate test that someone suffering toothache (and I can vouch that this can get really painful) needs to take prior to being operated on by a dentist. The only other option I can see is that only those dentists that have contracted CV return to work (although there's the problem of the virus mutating with that).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

That's the key question: how is this going to be paid for. Not so sure that there will be much appetite for underfunding the NHS and below inflation pay 'rises' for doctors and nurses, nor is there much austerity room (beyond pensions). The best response would be to just seize a % of the wealthy's assets on a progressive scale. That's what happened after WW2, but somehow I can't see this being our government's response -- although broadly the economic approach from Sunak has been right in my view.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Not sure why we’re arguing per se but I felt like your post read as if you resented the have nots getting help. Then I explained how I feel they will pay both in the immediacy of losing their jobs [unlikely that those furloughed now will ALL return to a job] and then those lucky enough to retain their jobs will suffer through high taxation to foot the bill in future years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well yes agree that taxation will rise to pay for this crisis but the ones lucky to still have jobs will surely be the haves not the have nots. Hopefully us !

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yes, re haircuts, I'm currently contemplating whether I should just bite the bullet and buy some clippers. My standard is a 2 round back and sides, 3 on top, so might get the boy to do that for the foreseeable future, as at 13, he really needs to start doing some things. Dentists are an interesting one. I suspect that what we'll need is some sort of immediate test that someone suffering toothache (and I can vouch that this can get really painful) needs to take prior to being operated on by a dentist. The only other option I can see is that only those dentists that have contracted CV return to work (although there's the problem of the virus mutating with that).

I don't know what hairdressers and dentists are going to do just with the PPE issue. If the NHS are short of it...................

I do actually have a dentist's scalpel thing and a mirror, stick thing as a set from Boot's I got years back to scrape any stains off my teeth myself. I do brush, floss and TePe, but I'm not going to get a scale and polish for a while and I needed to make a new appointment before all this started, as I cancelled one in mid February.

My hair is currently an undercut with a bun/top knot on top with a 1 round the back and sides. Think Christiano Ronaldo, but obviously better looking. :wink: I wet shaved the back and sides a couple of weeks back and depending on how my next attempt goes next weekend, I may have to order in some clippers too. It may mean I just get rid and crop the lot. We'll see. Looks like I picked I the wrong time to get a flashy hair style though!

DIY dentistry and DIY hair-cutting though - just another thing that sums up how messed up this all is.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I don't know what hairdressers and dentists are going to do just with the PPE issue. If the NHS are short of it...................

I do actually have a dentist's scalpel thing and a mirror, stick thing as a set from Boot's I got years back to scrape any stains off my teeth myself. I do brush, floss and TePe, but I'm not going to get a scale and polish for a while and I needed to make a new appointment before all this started, as I cancelled one in mid February.

My hair is currently an undercut with a bun/top knot on top with a 1 round the back and sides. Think Christiano Ronaldo, but obviously better looking. :wink: I wet shaved the back and sides a couple of weeks back and depending on how my next attempt goes next weekend, I may have to order in some clippers too. It may mean I just get rid and crop the lot. We'll see. Looks like I picked I the wrong time to get a flashy hair style though!

DIY dentistry and DIY hair-cutting though - just another thing that sums up how messed up this all is.

https://youtu.be/A4_PoPHKdUk

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I appreciate that all modelling is only estimation but this is predicting a peak in hospital demand / deaths this week / the weekend

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-kingdom

If it plays out like this I imagine Gov may start considering some relaxation in lockdown measures at the start of May.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There will be massive pressure to lift some of the lockdown for VE Day Bank Holiday Friday May 8th.

It would be a huge mistake, mind ( said with foresight, not hindsight *wink* ).

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I suspect that restrictions will start winding down in May. I doubt they’d use a bank holiday as a starting date though. Maybe skip that and start in mid-May.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here