Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What really GRINDS YOUR GEARS?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So many things but the one thing in life that gets my blood up is people not pulling their weight. Just sitting back abc letting others take the strain and seemingly getting away with it.

Slightly related but slobs wind me up. Messy, unhealthy ****ers that can't be arsed to sort themselves out.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
People who stop walking the moment they enter a shop doorway as if in a trance - Why ? Wrong shop? thought you were walking in to the Tardis ?

People who can't do their shopping without eating something - Are they that close to starvation ? or are they Diabetics ? can't they wait til they get to the car to eat that sausage roll ?

People who insist on putting their little brats in a shopping trolley despite all the rules and regs and safety advice, even worse are the ones that have one trolley for food and one for brats.

Drivers who do not thank you that fact that you have just waited to let them through first.

4x4 drivers who slow down to glacial speed when going over speed bumps or the little knobbly bricks at the entrance to some car parks- these things are designed to go over felled tree trunks and ploughed fields ffs !

Postmen- What used to be a proud profession with a shirt, uniform and cap now reduced to wearing tee shirts and tatty shorts and all sorts of footwear.

Paying close to £4 for a bottle of beer worth 90p in a supermarket- yes, the supermarket is making a profit at 90p! so how greedy do you want to be ?

Paying ridiculous amounts of money for dry cured Bacon because the wafer thin, see through, water filled standard bacon has been made so repellent. Remember, Pork is still an incredibly cheap meat but seems to go up 500% per kilo once you call it Bacon.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
You'd HATE Australia

I love Australia but I do have an issue with both the 'look, listen' thing and the high rising intonation.
My brother is married to a wonderful Melbourne lass who's accent, oddly, doesn't grate me in the slightest. Maybe it's just a Warne and Clarke dislike.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
People (invariably women for some reason) who get to the shop till, wait for the amount to be confirmed, THEN start rummaging in their cavernous handbags for a purse. Get yer flippng card out while you are waiting FFS !

"£12.20 please, madam"

Oh I've got a voucher in here somewhere for 8p off those chicken nuggets. Hang on
#rummage rummage#
There.

Oh, I must give you my clubcard.
#rummage rummage rummage#

"£12.08 please"

£12. I've got that in here.
#rummage rummage rummage#
Oh actually no, I've only got ten. I'll see if I've got it in change.
#rummage rummage mumble mumble counting-out-loud-cos-i'm-stupid rummage#
Sorry no. I'll pay with a card.
#rummage rummage#
Oh sorry, wrong one. Try this one.
Pin number? Ummm #mumble talk-to-self#
Oh can I have £20 cash back please?

Sigh "Take your card out, and put it back in, please"

I just want to pay for a bloody sandwich, F F S. Please hurry up, you stupid COW.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
People who stop walking the moment they enter a shop doorway as if in a trance - Why ? Wrong shop? thought you were walking in to the Tardis ?

This!

People who insist on putting their little brats in a shopping trolley despite all the rules and regs and safety advice, even worse are the ones that have one trolley for food and one for brats.

This!

Drivers who do not thank you that fact that you have just waited to let them through first.

God, this.

4x4 drivers who slow down to glacial speed when going over speed bumps or the little knobbly bricks at the entrance to some car parks- these things are designed to go over felled tree trunks and ploughed fields ffs !

and this.

We'd get on.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Aren't we an angry lot on here!! :lolol:

People who drive 4x4s in London and think they own the road.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
* People who still don't understand how email works despite working with it for ten+ years - "can I unsend that email I sent three hours ago from my phone?", the woman I worked with who put "RE:" at the start of new subject lines

* Radio ads with "cute" kids voices, generally lilting and putting random vocal stress on words to sound "cutesy". There's one for Innocent Smoothies right now that makes me want to murder people once the little brat tortures the world "school" in to something like "ske-weLL"

* General commuter cyclist behaviour in general. Red lights apply to you too, even pedestrian ones; cycling on train platforms is insane as is cycling down a bloody tram line.

* The fact that my work iPhone is stuck on having Hong Kong public holidays or none at all in the calendar app for some reason

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
People who say 'could of' instead of 'could have'. They probly should of worked harder in English lessons.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Over keen waiters who have to check on you every 5 mins.

Cafés that seem to have no thought out consistent service plan. Where is the cutlery? Maybe they'll bring it with the food, maybe the on a side board somewhere, nope there it is by the door, nope that just a vase of numbered wooden spoons, where would they keep the menus? That table has got a wine list and a spoon, that other one only has some ketchup. Oh, here comes the waiter now with a menu, thanks can I please have the.. You must order at the counter, oh okay, seemed like table service, thanks. Go to pay at counter, no order now pay at the end right, you know what forget it. You spend more time wandering around the rustic bean sacks and stripped wooden side boards on some cutlery treasure hunt than you do eating the bloody food.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
People who spit on the street. I don't wish to tread in a "dockers omelette", thank you very much.

People who throw litter out of car windows. McDonalds lard arses are particularly prone to this.

People who when driving in a long queue of traffic on a motorway or duel carriage way, leave about four car lengths between them and the car in front, so every ******** can cut in. They usually have one of those stupid fish signs on the back of their cars and wear a perpetual serene smile.

People who wear hats/caps when driving - why? If you're bald, just live with it.

People who say "probly" instead of "probably"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here