Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What radio station do you listen to mostly?

What radio station do you listen to most?

• Radio 1

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Radio 2

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Radio 3

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Radio 4

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Radio 5 Live

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Radio Sussex

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Heart

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Juice FM

• Splash FM

• Talksport

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Capital

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kiss

• Smooth Radio

• Classic FM

• Magic

• Radio Surrey

• Other Local Radio

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other National Radio

Votes: 27 28.7%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
BBC Asian Network not on the list? ???

Jimmy Grimble

Same here, best station by a mile for me. Christian o connell breakfast show is very good, also hometime show with Geoff Lloyd. Rock and roll football with Ian Wright on saturdays plus Frank Skinner is excellent saturday mornings. They play a lot of indie rock type stuff, my kind of thing. Also on digital they have absokute 90's playing all the bands from the 90's, perfect for my age group (mid/late 30's)

Another vote for Absolute.

O'Connell and his team are brilliant in the morning. I'm not a massive fan of the home-time show though.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
not a fan of local public access type stuff...prefer 5 live and radio 2 if pushed

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Heart must have a deal with a local executors as the times they play Ami Winehouse, Alexander ONeil Micheal Jackson and mainly Whitney Houston is getting rediculous

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
FIP most of all

This 100%.
Unfortunately, the pirate relay of FIP which ran on 91.0 FM in the Brighton area for several years seems to have stopped recently, so now I can only get it on the internet. Brilliant station. Only gripe is that they don't tell you what they're playing, so you have to look at playlists on line if you want to find the stuff yourself subsequently

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This 100%.
Unfortunately, the pirate relay of FIP which ran on 91.0 FM in the Brighton area for several years seems to have stopped recently, so now I can only get it on the internet. Brilliant station. Only gripe is that they don't tell you what they're playing, so you have to look at playlists on line if you want to find the stuff yourself subsequently

They sometimes tell you what they're playing - you just need a keen ear to hear it. They are up and running again in Brighton I'm told - under a certain level of ambiguous legality...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
6 Music when working - no option on poll!

5live/extra for cricket and footie and the brilliant Up All Night
R4 on occasion or when the missus has her way
Sussex for Albion away only
Talksport occasionally and for footie commentary

PG

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
TALKSPORT--------but it can be brilliant one day and crap the next--depending on guests/news etc.
Hawksbee & Jacobs is the best show tho--------real football fans------good cop Hawksbee---bad cop Jacobs
Should bring back Mike Parry---totally mad:mad:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Radio 1, although not before 10AM during the week as i cannot stand Nick Grimshaw - Radio 1 has been getting slowly worse since Chris Moyles, Vernon Kay and Reggie Yates left - especially the Chart Show on Sundays - the new presenter is incredibly boring and sounds like she couldnt care less.

Once they get rid of Scott Mills (which lets face it - will be happening soon), then it will further kill the station off. They say getting rid of "older" presenters is to keep the stations target age of young people, but young people like the hosts they are getting rid of.

Agreed. Scott Mills is the only daytime show worth listening to. That Jameela Jamil (sp) woman that does the chart is simply awful.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Agreed. Scott Mills is the only daytime show worth listening to. That Jameela Jamil (sp) woman that does the chart is simply awful.

Agreed, the entertainment factor is being removed which is killing it off and in place they are trying to be more serious.

Rather annoying when your car radio is broken and stuck on Radio 1 - amen for having a phone which can play music through my in-car stereo !!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Am I the only one for "Gold" (formally Capital Gold)? Plays mainly 60-80's music but even the odd hour of 50's goes down well. DJ's are not as old as the music so not always bumbling on.

I listen mainly in the evenings and from midnight until 6.00 there's no DJ's and only a few adds. Nearly every song is a classic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here