What POSTERS did you have on your bedroom wall as a kid ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All the team and top player photos from Shoot, including Peter Knowles of Wolves and the Crystal Palace Squad of 1969. Barmy or what.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
the-x-files---dana-scully-and-fox-mulder-171057.jpg

I loved David Duchovny back in the day :love:

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
AC/DC, Iron Maiden, El Cordobes the Bullfighter and Madonna from Desperately Seeking Susan, then Turner's The Fighting Temeraire and Monet's Garden At Giverny.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kenny Roberts
Barry Sheene
John Newbold
Percy Tait
Jonny Cecotto
Yvon du hammel
Paul Smart
Mick Grant
Pat Hennen
Dave Potter
Randy Mamola

Yup, into bikes - raced them from aged 18 to 28 made and lost a lot of 2-wheeled friends over those years.

You've just reminded me. I had a signed BARRY SHEENE poster on my wall, courtesy of my dad. Barry kept his helicopter at Shoreham Airport, and my dad used to service it.

Smashing bloke by all accounts.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think the poster on my wall was an A4 sheet of paper held up with one drawing pin and if I recall correctly the wording on it read ''Get this ****ing room cleaned up NOW ! ''

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sheena Easton poster Why ? She looked nowt like that photo in real life - If you had grown up near me you could have had the ''real thing'' - Allegedly

She was 3 or 4 years older than me so I have no idea if true but she did have a reputation before she had a hit single. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I think it's fab but I think she ditched her husband as soon as she became famous and developed the I'm better than where I came from attitude

She came from a nondescript shithole suburb called Bellshill just south of Glasgow. And ended up selling 6m records, singing a BOND theme, appearing in over a dozen movies, performing on Broadway, and duetting with PRINCE on a No2 Billboard hot 100.

In all fairness, she quite clearly WAS better than where she came from.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
She came from a nondescript shithole suburb called Bellshill just south of Glasgow. And ended up selling 6m records, singing a BOND theme, appearing in over a dozen movies, performing on Broadway, and duetting with PRINCE on a No2 Billboard hot 100.

In all fairness, she quite clearly WAS better than where she came from.

Sir Matt Busby came from there too but never ever ran it down like she did. Sometimes humility speaks volumes on behalf of a person, whereas arrogance also speaks volumes too but the former being a lot more pleasant to listen too.

Bellshill has had many famous people born there. Very few derided the place after becoming famous like Sheena Easton did

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I had Maria Whittaker in a skimpy snakeskin leotard. A Ferrari 308. And I had Wendy James in a BRA.

I also had one wall completely full of Spectrum computer game posters I'd cut from Crash magazine (#geek). So what posters did YOU adorn your adolescent bedroom walls with ?

Debbie Harry, she ended up looking like a plasterers radio....

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Great thread.

I can't remember prior to a large spread of Spectrum games (geek) posters I got from somewhere. Uridium was the centrepiece.

I do remember a ripped out picture of Whitney Houston though.

Oh and can I mention my dartboard?

edit : Here it is. Obviously I needed a secure lock on my bedroom door to keep the screaming hordes of teenage girls out.

maxresdefault.jpg

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
90s child. The Simpsons Evolution of Homer and Anna Kournikova's arse.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I was in love with Keren Woodward from Bananarama (the one on the left) and had a poster similar to this.

Impeccable taste sir ...... I bloody loved Keren.

As for posters, I had the obligatory Albion team photo ones along with plenty out of Smash Hits ..... including, to my dying shame, a Tiffany one.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
https://goo.gl/images/jWGWyv

https://goo.gl/images/UuxCqw

https://goo.gl/images/tVklVq

Belinda was ****ing georgous.

Later teens my rooms was covered in graffiti, messages from friends and rave fliers and posters of the monday's, roses, ride, charlatans etc etc. A whole room collage of my life at the time which i wish i had some photos of.

ah yes, post spectrum days I had a green and purple mandelbrot thingy amongst record covers such as 808 state. Oh and a picture of the ballerina Darcy Bussell for some reason.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I loved David Duchovny back in the day :love:

Oh so the menfolk have images of strong, independent women who were positive role models for their entire gender.

While you are objectifying some eye-candy strumpet.

I feel so cheap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports